“Good revisit to taste the food”

Town Hall Tea Rooms
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Visited Bassett for a revisit of the Town Hall tea Rooms this time to try the food , we ordered a egg mayonnaise sandwich on brown bread and 2 teas . We only waited some 5 minutes before our food arrived , the sandwich had plenty of filling ,fresh bread and a small salad and crisps .No problems at all with the food and the tea , worth a visit to see this old english tea room .

Reviewed 29 June 2018

My friend and I popped in here by chance, we had not visited the Tea Rooms for a least 1yr. Has had a revamp and is not as cramped as before.
We ordered 2 CreamTeas, fresh baked scones done on site jam..butter and lashings of fresh cream, all served in lovely china ware.
Dont miss it if you visit Wootten Bassett..........

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I popped in here for breakfast on a Saturday. Haven't been here for a while. I saw it was for sale a few months ago, and I guess they have new owners as I didn't recognise any of the old staff.

This a lovely cosy cafe with good food, and a decent selection of home made cakes. We ordered the small and regular cooked breakfast, which comes with a drink. The ingredients were of good quality, apart from the toast! I ordered brown toast, and it was really sweet, which to me means it is cheap. It was a shame as it let down the rest of the breakfast.

We decided to try some of the homemade cakes, which were good value at £2.75, and very tasty. The portions were of a good size.

1  Thank 762MikeP
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited this Olde World Cafe whilst waiting for my wife to have treatment nearby ,nice cup tea in bone china cups . The ceiling beams are low as it is a really old building , friendly staff . Watching the meals being delivered to other tables made me hungry ,I will be returning to sample some of the excellent food .

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Easy to find on the high street in Royal Wootton Bassett. Within walking distance of car parks, and limited parking on street. Initial impression is of a small cafe with low ceilings; almost turned away because I am tall and like to be able to stretch out. Very pleased that we entered to find the waitress was cheerful and had a lovely manner. Our table was in the annex to the main cafe and seating was adequate with enough space for my large frame!

I ordered a three egg omelette; my wife had soup and bread. Also ordered a pot of tea for two. The Omelette was delicious and the quantity of the meal almost beat me (but not quite). My wife was happy with her soup.

This is a quaint cafe that offers quality food in a cheerful environment. We will most certainly return soon.