“Anniversary Meal”
Review of Dan's Restaurant

Dan's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Marlborough
Price range: US$18 - US$53
Description: Dan's is one of the few independent restaurants of Marlborough and we are all about doing the simple things well - Great food, great service and lots of things to drink. Seating 20-30 guests Dan's is a small and cosy place with a great buzz and atmosphere
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited Dan's on a Saturday night for our anniversary. Friendly welcome from Dan and co, lovely warm atmosphere. Service was nicely paced for an evening meal. Food was amazing especially my wife's vegetarian. We sometimes struggle to find something a bit more inventive than mushroom risotto and Dan's Halloumi dish was superb as was my Duck. Will revisit for sure. Thanks Dan and Team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I went there today for lunch. On arrival we were made very welcome and chose a table by the window on the really comfortable bench. We ordered our drinks (I had a Virgin Mary that was outstanding my wife a fantastic Pinot Grigio). Our starters (G&T prawns and the brie were fantastic) the mains we had (Lamb with moussaka and Rib Eye Steak) were cooked to perfection. We were a little full for dessert but if it's anything like the starters and mains it would be worth having. All in all it was a really nice time. I can't recommend it enough!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Whilst working in the town we found this restaurant and decided to give them a call for a table. Lucky they had a slot in their diary and so glad that they did. The welcome was very warm and the service was excellent. Now for the important stuff. We looked at the fixed price menu which was priced very reasonably and decided on 2 course initially which included a starter. The starter arrived at the table freshly prepared and looking and smelling great. The flavours were amazing. The mains followed in really good time and again were absolutely top notch. Have sat and chatted for a while we talked ourselves into a desert and my god so glad we did. This experience is among the top 5 restaurant experiences we have ever had.Warm welcome, Stunning food, Great service, and priced very reasonably. Seems we were luck to get a table at such sort notice and I'm not at all surprised. Book your table in advance to avoid disappointment.

2  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We've eaten at Dan's a few times both at lunch and dinner. The atmosphere is lovely and the food excellent.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The food was sooooo good, we can’t not give it a 5/5! The meals were quite inventive, unusual combinations of flavours all of which were perfectly cooked and worked fabulously together. I had a chunky sea bass fillet, perfectly cooked with a Niçoise salad, hollandaise sauce, with the most amazing squishy black/red olives. Where do they source such amazing ingredients? Deserts were all fabulous. Wine choices different - how refreshing. Minor comments- the front of house could do with tiny input of interior decor- not to change the ambience or posh it up but a tiny injection of good taste/removal of cardboard boxes of empty bottles would better compliment the excellent food & service. Would HIGHLY recommend.