“Excellent food in character filled restaurant”
Review of The Salutation Inn

The Salutation Inn
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Superb Country Pub offering Great Pub food, local ales and a warm welcome!
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stumbled upon this place while staying at the Manor House. It’s a very short ride / walk to the restaurant and I would definitely recommend visiting if you are in for a Sunday’s lunch or dinner. My partner and I ordered Sunday lunches at 530pm (food is only served till 6 on Sundays) and it was delicious. I had the lentil nut roast and he had the roasted chicken. Our little one ate a bunch of the roast chicken and my partner said the potatoes were by far the best roasted potatoes he had ever had. The icing on the cake was the sticky toffee pudding. I enjoy pudding but most times I am not a huge fan of sticky toffee. This was the exception it was insanely yummy. To top it all off the prices are very reasonable. The one small word of caution is if you are in a hurry then you may want to make that known to the chef. It took over 45 mins for our order to be prepared (and the restaurant wasn’t very busy with other guests) which was OK in the end but if you have a time crunch (or a hungry baby) make sure you give a nudge. All and all it was a great experience at Salutation Inn.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We had a beautiful Sunday roast lunch yesterday
The welcome was great as was the big wood burner
Had roast pork great crackling and the roasties,well could have eaten forever
There were 10 of us

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We dropped in here for Sunday lunch on a rainy Sunday afternoon while taking a spin through the Cotswolds. It was nice and cosy with a nice warm stove fire. I can honestly say it was one of the nicest Sunday lunch's I have ever tasted! I had pork belly, my OH had pork roast and others had nut roast and sausages and mash. Everyone was extremely pleased with their meals. We finished off by sharing a delicious sticky toffee pudding and left feeling warmed up, satisfied and happy!

I would advise everyone to give it a try! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Best roast pub potatoes ever!!!! Food was delicious and the two girls serving were lovely. Landlord appears a little grumpy but he may just have a dry sense of humour! Really lovely Sunday lunch though, would recommend!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

An amazing special Nut Roast, and the chef was kind enough to share with me the recipe...
Must come and visit!!!!!