“Ridiculous Attitude”

Infusions Tea Room
Ranked #21 of 36 Restaurants in Calne
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After buying milkshakes, my granddaughter who's 5, desperately needed the loo. On asking the unsmiling and unhelpful young girl, she said no ,couldn't do that. I was stunned, left and got her to the Calne Centre who were lovely, but unfortunately too late as she had wet herself. Very upsetting for her, she cried and had to walk home wet. Very unnecessary and though I understand about covid, the toilet was a few feet away and I would have been more than happy to sanitise it after, she's five for godsake. Needless to say, will never go there again.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (61)

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

In relation to the below comments made by management. They are completely false, we were having a meal with our elderly mother on the anniversary of our fathers death. The manager was seen pacing around in the kitchen for a good few minutes after the staff member (who was not intimidated in anyway) informed him that we were disappointed with the food we had been served. The managements response mirrors their attitude shown on the day, argumentative and not customer focused. Please take this review seriously and do not eat here

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

Worst experience of my life. Over an hour wait for cold food. Dirty tables, absolutely no attempts to make the tearoom COVID secure.

The manager is a an extremely angry man. He Shouted at my and my partner when we politely asked to speak about the quality of our food and the long wait time.

The managers response was unbelievable. We were told to leave immediately and that we were not welcome back. I managed to capture video footage of the entire encounter, unfortunately it will not allow me to update the video on here.

Please do not visit here. No one deserves to be spoken to or made to feel like we did that day.

I have screenshot a photo of the manager below, very unpredictable man who should not be working around the public.

Date of visit: November 2020
daniellef440, Owner at Infusions Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Please see our response to the previous review, as they are the same.

Many thanks.

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

On the anniversary of my fathers death, I took my mother here for a coffee and some
Lunch. We waited an hour for 2 x ploughman’s and a Deli board. We had finished our drinks long before the food arrived. The drinks were very nice.

The boards arrived and the 2 x ploughman’s were very small, and very easy to make. An hours wait was really unacceptable for the standard and intricacy of the food. They were also over priced at £8 each. I have included a photo. It was like a dissected cheese and ham sandwich with some pickle on the side. No slices of apple or anything.

I went to pay and expressed my disappointment in the food and wait time. The female member of staff went in to the kitchen and discussed this with who I presume was the owner. I was then told that we would not be charged for the food, I expressed that I was happy to pay for the Deli board which my mother had eaten and did not expect to not pay anything at all. We were mindful of the ongoing covid situation and the difficulties that businesses are facing.

The manager then came out, told us that he didn’t want any money for the food, was aggressive and told us never to come back to his restaurant. I was absolutely blown away by his rudeness and childish behaviour. He would not accept that we were unhappy with the food, regardless of his opinion of it.

I eventually asked him to stop speaking to me. We paid for our drinks and left. He managed to not only lose money but to lose very nice, perfectly adequate customers for his tea room.

I wouldn’t return if I was paid to. Please take a course in how to manage your monkey!

Date of visit: November 2020
3  Thank A_5891
daniellef440, Owner at Infusions Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2020

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I'd like to add to your review a few other details you have missed to make this a fair statement of events.

You approached our staff with a complaint and stated the food was substandard and insisted you wouldn't pay. You also intimidated the member of staff you first approached, so much so, one of the owners had to intervene. We have a 0 tolerance policy for aggressive customers towards our staff. You were then politely asked to not return as you upset the staff and were quite unreasonable. You did offer to pay for the deli boards but, we refunded all the food.

You also forgot to mention that you all cleared your plates with the exception of some picked onions. I also wonder why you didn't mention this before you continued eating if it was substandard?

It's also worth noting that the photos taken are after you had started the meal to make the food look substandard.

We also don't think it's very nice or respectful to call someone a monkey. If the situation was approached in calm and collected manner by yourselves, I'm sure this whole situation could have been avoided.

I trust this now paints a full picture of events that happened on this day.

Many thanks

Infusions Tea Room

Reviewed 20 October 2020

Lovely food, bit of a wait but worth it. Food delicious but staff need to pay more attention to customers arriving and be on the ball to seat them and take orders.

Date of visit: October 2020