“Great place and food!”

The Pear Tree Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Mirfield
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Pear Tree Inn is situated just out of the centre of Mirfield in West Yorkshire and home of the 3 R's; Real food, Real ale and Real people.We are a friendly local pub and you can find us in CAMRA's Good Beer Guide and our real ales are Cask Marque accredited. We serve food Monday-Friday 12-2.30om & 4-8pm / Saturday 12-8pm and a Sunday Lunch 12-7pm on Sundays. Now serving our summer menu- milkshakes and iced coffees alongside a fully stocked bar including various flavoured vodka, gin and real cask ales.
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

I visited this past Friday, the bank holiday Friday. Me and my partner spent some time in the lovely beer garden, there was loads of sheltered area just in case the weather turned nasty. But luckily it held out and was lovely weather. The food was different to what we have had before but was absolutely lovely, we were introduced to the new Head Chef Dave, who was a character and a delight and upon request catered to our needs! We had the chicken, bacon and avocado baguette with some rustic chips and chicken sizzler! The service was lovely by Laura and Eleanor and we will be returning shortly to enjoy the beer garden!

2  Thank liamcollins95
Write a reviewReviews (281)

Reviewed 28 May 2021

Me and my partner often came here for food.. we went this week the food it was different (perhaps new chef) but was nice the staff are friendly the pub is clean. The "local" customers are what let this pub down. While sat waiting for our food we listened to racists comments from one local who had already mentioned he had been barred twice. The landlord then came and asked us why we had made 3 of his "good" customers leave we told him our story drank our drinks and left... on leaving the very good customer was urinating on cars in the car park... so unfortunately we wont be going back even though the food was nice and the staff was friendly. The "locals" let the place down.

1  Thank T9160JNlisaf
Alan I, General Manager at The Pear Tree Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

I am so sorry to hear that your experience was an unpleasant one. Customer feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we strive to improve with everyday, it is through this feedback, that we are able to do this.

I would like to personally apologise for the behaviour of the individual present at the time of your visit. I am extremely embarrassed about the way the situation was handled by myself and I believe that I may have misread the situation. The only reason I came over to talk to yourselves, was due to the look of upset on the two girls facing accompanying the individual mentioned.

After carefully looking through CCTV footage from the night, we have identified the inappropriate behaviour and this individual that stated he was barred twice prior, has now been spoken to about his behaviour and comments made and barred on a now permanent basis. We like to look after our customers and make sure that their experience while visiting us is a pleasant one, and if this is the behaviour they present then we do not want it in our establishment, ruining other customers visits.

I truly do appreciate the time you took to share your experience, once again I want to share my apologies of the way I personally misread and handled the situation and your visit has not been like your previous and through taking steps to mitigate experiences like this, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

If you feel you would like to discuss this experience further, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at info@thepeartree-mirfield.co.uk or directly at 01924 491360.

Take care & stay safe!
Alan & The Pear Tree Team.

Reviewed 23 May 2021

I visited the pear tree with family for a meal. It was saturday but early on and given the restrictions and the restaurant been separate felt it would be safe to do so.
The waitresses were polite, friendly and helpful but the food was substandard. I had garlic mushrooms and for £6.00 what came out shocked me. It was 4 mushrooms cut in half but I gave it the benefit of doubt and awaited my main. By this point the pub was realy picking up with some of the ‘lovely locals’ singing and dancing (its saturday evening) thought OK fair game enjoy yourselves.
Our mains came out, my chicken ‘sizzler’ didnt sizzle, and two others said the chicken they ordered was luke warm and I even noticed it was pink inside. My brothers
Meal looked OK but ironically wasnt what he had even ordered! My niece ordered some garlic bread to come with her ‘microwave pasta dish’ and then they brought another one out saying it came with garlic bread anyway. The bread appeared raw but we still ate it as it appeared less risky than raw chicken. My sister in law explained about her chicken and the waitress explained they would give her two free desserts which was nice but in all
honesty we wanted to leave asap by this point due to the fact that less than 5 meters away there was some kind of strip tease dance by one of the lovely locals i mention above, and when she noticed i was looking began sharing hand gestures towards me. On leaving the restaurant and exiting through the pub it was a free for all with many maskless customers pushing and shoving us despite the failed attempts of the two bouncers on the door to gain some kind of order.
I am by no means a food snob but when we went and paid £130 we expected something slightly better than this. I am dissapointed as I have always been a fan of the food at the pear tree but I wont be back, for food OR drinks.

1  Thank L9942OKkayl
Alan I, General Manager at The Pear Tree Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2021

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was an unpleasant one. Customer feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we strive to improve with every day.

We are happy to hear that you found our waitress staff polite, friendly, and helpful. But are sorry that they were unable to remedy the issues with your meals. I can assure you this is not the normal standard of our food and we are extremely sorry this was not up to standard.

We would like to further apologise for the behaviour of certain groups present at that time. These individuals have been spoken to about their behaviour and asked not to return to the premises until all COVID restrictions have been lifted. Regarding the behaviour of the individual located 5 meters away from you, we will be looking further into this in our CCTV system to identify the individual.

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience, once again we do share our apologies that this experience has not been to your expectations and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

If you feel you would like to discuss this experience further, please do not hesitate to contact us of info@thepeartree-mirfield.co.uk or directly at 01924 491360.

Take care & stay safe!
Love, The Pear Tree Team

Reviewed 10 October 2020

As a visitor to the area, I commented to a homeowner adjacent to the canal that all it needed was a decent pub and he immediately recommended the Pear Tree. It took me a year to follow up but we made it today. The pub is an impressive building with terraced waterside seating which would be amazing in the summer. The exterior does not present the best face to the public of what they will encounter inside. The interior is delightful and full of character. The service was first class throughout. The menu is varied and slightly unusual with a Thai alternative. The food is excellent but doesn't conform to the normal gastropub rules of fussy presentation. All of our dishes were excellent and way above the average gastropub standard. Well done.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank gilbodyn
PearTreeMirfield, General Manager at The Pear Tree Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Hi, thank you so much for visiting us and we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and our food! We hope you will visit us again soon. Take care, The pear tree team x

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Food very nice. Service shocking! Waited for our food order. No cutlery with the starter. Waited to reorder drinks - no bar service (table service only). Main course eventually arrived. We had ordered dessert but waited 25mins after we had finished the main course - also with no drinks. We had to go to the bar to remind the staff!! Good food let down by bad service - not worth the 10miles round trip.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank Kaza02051966

Hi, we are very sorry you endured this while with us. As im sure you are aware the new table service rules are law now and this has never been the case for us so our staff are still getting used to it. We have all taken your comments on board and we hope to be improving every day! We do hope you will visit again. Take care, The pear tree team