“Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Mirfield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I call in regular the food is great never had a bad meal.it does get busy so phone and book.
The service has got better in recent weeks. Some good staff now do a great job for a busy cafe.great food and drinks

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Food lovely as per normal. Slight delay as we didn’t arrive until 2.30, however we were advised up front that there would be a short delay. This was due to five other tables also arriving for a late lunch! Great coffee, food and service. If you’ve never tried their ice cream, you are missing out!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited as we had not been for a few months. Pulled into car park and got a parking space straight away - parking always at a premium so this was a relief. We sat down ordered drinks then food! After chatting for sometime realised we had been waiting over 30 minutes for our food. It was busy but had not been made aware of any wait when we ordered. My husband asked the passing waitress when we would have our food and she looked a bit shocked and clearly went to check with kitchen.
A few minutes later our food arrived although lovely we were so hungry by this point and in a bit of a rush to enjoy it. No real apology or explanation given so we ate and left. My husband again said about the delay but we didn’t feel was addressed or acknowledged when mentioned when paying.

Maybe an off day by all involved but left feeling like I wouldn’t rush back. Shame, because food is good!

ChelleJH, Owner at Chelle's Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Chelle's. I must apologise for the delay with your food yesterday and would like to offer a small yet tardy explanation. The lunch period was exceptionally quiet and as such my right hand 'man' Karen went home. As is the way, the minute she left we had what felt like a coach turn up! Unfortunately I was in the kitchen by myself and I am conscious that one person preparing meals is without doubt not as quick as two. I did ask the girls to tell customers the situation so I am a little perturbed to find that this was not executed - please accept my sincere apologies for this. I will have a word with front of house staff and reiterate the importance of keeping customers informed regarding any delays etc.

I am extremely sorry that this was so offputting that you won't be returning, this is very upsetting and I sincerely hope that you change your mind, Chelle x

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I called in for breakfast with my husband today 5th April, and as always the food was delicious, the staff brilliant & the deli was spotlessly clean!! Keep up the fantastic work Chelle and team x

Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Chelle's. We do try our best to keep the place spotless so it is lovely to know that this does not go unnoticed - thank you and hope to see you again very soon x

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Came across this place on trip advisor and so glad we tried it. We have been here a few times and the staff are all very pleasant. We've tried a falafel sandwich, a goats cheese sandwich and a Yorkshire pudding wrap...all brilliant. Really tasty.

The breakfast isn't quite as good as I would have expected. The egg muffin special was nice to try. The omelette was huge...almost off putting in size. Taste wise ive had better omelettes for sure.

Overall, i would strongly recommend Chelle's for lunch. The cafe has a real vibe of a lovely village spot. Definitely one to add to your list! We will certainly be visiting regularly and will be looking forward to trying the afternoon tea too.

Hi Ams

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Chelle's. Sorry that you were disappointed with your omelette however, we are very pleased to hear that overall you enjoy our food. Hope to see you again soon and hope that you will try us again for breakfast. Chelle and Team x