“So busy, but so worth it!”

Boat House Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Hawley
Price range: US$8 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you are looking for lunch, dinner, a late night snack, or just meeting friends after work, we've got something for everyone at the Boat House!
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

My parents live down the road and brought us and our kids for dinner on a Wednesday night in mid July, mid tourist season.

We couldn’t imagine trying to come on a summer weekend! We didn’t wait long for a table (10 min) but service did take awhile as they were packed.

All the food was great, zero complaints! The price was higher than we expected (but my parents weren’t surprised as they’ve come here before). The variety of breads brought to the table were yummy, even included banana bread.
Salad is served like Olive Garden style and their house dressing is so amazing, they need to bottle and sell it!

My 8yo got their firecracker drink which I highly recommend (even at $6), it was a Shirley temple with blue raz slushie on top and a blinking white wristband. He loved it.

Hubs and I both got chicken picatta, plenty to share with our 2yo who gobbled it down. We all agreed it’s the best we’ve had anywhere. It’s not served with pasta (which we are glad it didn’t) but whipped potatoes and seasonal veggie.

My dad ate every bit of his chicken parm which was served with pasta, and mom enjoyed her medium steak. We did have room for dessert and got a variety, all so good- strawberry cheesecake (came with two slices), a split portion of rice pudding for the kids (which we appreciated them putting into separate bowls for them), creme brûlée, and I tried the mud pie. I hate coffee, and this comes prepare with coffee ice cream but oh man the whole thing together was soooo tasty I didn’t even notice the coffee flavor.

Even through we had one server, several stopped by to check on us and clear dishes which was nice. Parking lot is pretty small, that’s our only complaint.

You gotta go to the boat house when you’re in town, you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Nothing fancy just real good food with a "boat house" atmosphere. Get there early or make reservations because it gets busy!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We ate here the first day we arrived, on a Friday. We enjoyed the outside patio on a beautiful day. The menu was well rounded, everyone should be able to find something to eat. The only downside was that I felt rushed to place my order.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

It’s always so much fun to dine here! Food and drinks are sooo good. If your looking for a fun and relaxing Restraunt... you found it.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely view of the marina while dining outdoors under a wide breezy awning. Service was slow at 2:30 on a beautiful busy summer Sunday afternoon. Soft shell crab sandwich special with cole slaw was crispy and flavorful. Hubby enjoyed a Ruben sandwich. There’s a full bar and a nice collection of logo tee shirts for sale. Casual dress .. Some women were wearing coverups over bathing suits, so there’s no need to fuss before going. Go as you are. We have a weekend home at the Lake .. Next time we’ll bring friends.