“Maybe the best coffee shop in the galaxy!”
Review of Merlin's Coffee

Merlin's Coffee
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Hanover
Reviewed 11 March 2021

This is a little place that does everything right, and their prices are more than reasonable. They buy their beans green, roast them and flavor them (for their flavored coffee beans only, of course) in small batches and have a phenomenal selection of light, dark, flavored, and decaf beans, which you can get whole bean or custom ground. And you can also get choice of light roast, dark roast, flavored or decaf brewed coffee, with the specific variety of each changing daily, as well as smoothies, bubble drinks, tea, and specialty drinks. And they have different teas for sale, too. I'll always drink a cup of coffee if I'm offered it, but after drinking Merlin's brews, I'm spoiled for life. If you have friends who love coffee, this place makes getting them birthday and holiday gifts EASY!!! Great owners, wonderful pastries, jumbo cookies, pastry elephant ears made by a local bakery. The owners are very knowledgeable about all aspects of their product. It's a small place, cozy and interesting. Interesting clientele, too! Plus, they're heavily involved in cat rescue programs, and rather than having a tip jar, they have a donation jar for a cat rescue there. This is what the chain coffee shops WISH that they could be.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (18)

Reviewed 4 July 2019 via mobile

I live in Hanover and this is my absolute favorite coffee shop. Owners Eric and Donna B. are personable folks who do a great job in creating and brewing original blends. The quality is consistent and the ambience is super friendly. I am thankful to have them in the community and would like them to stay around for a long time to come. Merlin’s Coffee is truly a gem of a place for coffee and more. And another unique offer they extend to customers who bring in misbehaving children is the use of an off site play area, free cup of espresso and a kitten to work through their hyperactivity away from the reposing customers.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Love the freshness of the coffee and I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. The coffee is some of the best I’ve tasted. Are very reasonably priced. So much better than Starbucks or dunkin

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Great atmosphere and always friendly. Love their specialty blends. When the weather is nice you can enjoy a fresh brewed coffee and a pastry on the patio.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My friend and I happened upon this darling little place. She drinks coffee as does my husband; I am not a coffee drinker.
The aroma in the store is so tempting and the selections are immense. If I remember there were some samples to try (?). I ordered 2 selections of whole coffee beans for my husband and my friend ordered two for herself.
When I ground the beans (from one bag) I was so tempted by the aroma that I had to taste the brewed coffee and man oh man, I LOVED IT! Needless to say I earned some brownie points w/my honey :D
My friend was equally pleased w/her selection.
A hidden gem

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Merlin's Coffee? Share your experiences!