Lowest prices for your stay
$146
$146
FindHotel
$137
Priceline$146
Hotels.com$146
Travelocity$146
All reviews rooftop restaurant card reader gated parking great location on the waterfront view of the bay top floor hot breakfast buffet water world within walking distance maritime museum newer hotel great hotel room key clean rooms would highly recommend this hotel common areas presque isle
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2022

Wow. This is place is on a nice stretch of the bayfront. The Sheraton nearby is better situated to actually face the water though. My sons had fun fishing in the area but when we came back each day, it was super disappointing to deal with the plumbing problems. The maintenance guys were super nice trying to help fix the recurring problems. We weren't the only room on the floor to deal with it either. For a 4 night stay costing over $1k, I was hoping management would understand better. After the first day, we actually resigned ourselves to using the first floor public toilets in the hopes that we could shower off after fishing on the lake in the hot sun. Several reports to front desk resulted in no response from the manager, Niki. Her voicemail was full, so no message could be left. Despite multiple requests to discuss our disappointment, the manager only offered 15k Hilton points. That amounts to a whopping $50 off one night's rate. That's not my idea of customer service. The big thing that sticks in my crawl after checking out was the cowardice of the manager. When you book a room and pay $1100 for the stay, isn't it reasonable to assume your family will be able to use the shower and toilet? Oh well, what goes around comes around.

Room tip: Don't stay on the fifth floor.
Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank avgjoe5
Nicole Axtell-Clark, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn & Suites Erie Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2022

Dear Avgjoe5,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We truly aim to provide the best customer service we can at all times, but its clear we fell short. We apologize for the inconvenience that our plumbing issues caused during your stay. Our maintenance team did come in as quickly as possible to resolve the issues and they were resolved by 6:30pm the same day they were reported and the facilities were usable for the remainder of your stay. After reviewing your guest assistance case Hilton determined that there was not any other compensation they were willing to provide. While it may not seem like a large amount, 15,000 points is equivalent to over $100 off one of our rooms during our peak summer season. We are working with our technical team to fix the issues with our voicemail system. Our management team is always available via email as well. Thank you again for relaying your concerns to us.

Nikki Cully

Reviewed July 21, 2022

I have spent total of 4 weeks at this hotel. Great location, newer hotel but horrible management… Although it is a newer hotel, outside of the hotel is covered with cobwebs and dirt, you cannot see outside from the windows. They have a nice restaurant and a beer garden with high prices. This is the only place I have seen serving nachos with no jalapeños… and margaritas with no salt… and when you ask why is that everyone has the same answer:
“We just work here, we don’t make the rules…” very convenient. For $250 a night stay, I would expect a better breakfast… instead of writing the names of the guests for the day on a useless board at the front desk, they could use their funds and resources to provide better breakfast and service. They clean rooms every 4 days, but still do not leave any extra towels, shampoos, soaps etc… I can go for days but I think you get the idea… I stayed there just for the convenient location and will consider my choices more carefully next time…

Regards,
Evan Acar
Hilton Diamond Member

Trip type: Traveled on business
Nicole Axtell-Clark, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn & Suites Erie Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2022

Dear Evan,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate all of our guests feedback so that we know where we are falling short and make a plan to correct it. We are aware of the challenges that being by the lake presents and we have contracted a company to come out twice a year to do a thorough cleaning of the outside of the building. They are scheduled to arrive within the next month or so. As far as housekeeping - we are still by request only and if we do not ask when you would like service our system defaults to every 4 days. I will work with the desk to ensure they are asking every guest when they would like house keeping so this does not happen to anyone else. In regards to the Beer Garden they are a separate business, however we work very closely with them so I will pass your comments along to the management team there. We truly do value your input and we will work hard to correct the issues presented. Hopefully, in the future you will be willing to give us another chance to show off the improvements we are working so hard to enact.

Nicole Axtell-Clark
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2022 via mobile

Arrive and had a digital key so I didn’t have to wait to be checked in. I was there for a wedding and when I got into my room I was relieved to see it was spotless. With being slightly ocd, this meant so much to me that I didn’t have to worry about anything.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Nikki Cully, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Erie Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2022

Dear Sashat582,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and that our housekeeping team was able to ensure your comfort and peace of mind while you were with us. We sincerely hope the next time you are in our neighbourhood you will stop by and see us again.

Nicole A.
Management

Reviewed July 16, 2022

Everything about this property is great. Accessible, plenty of parking, great view, great gym, great staff. We never made it to the roof top restaurant Olivers but we heard it was great and it was very popular because we could not get in. The highlight of the entire property for us was the Beer Garden right outside the back door. Live music, great service, a food tropic and once again great staff!!!! This is a must stay in Erie.

Room tip: We had 4 different rooms on various floors and we all were happy.
1  Thank 472terry
Nikki Cully, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Erie Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2022

Dear 472terry,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here on the Bayfront. We can't wait to welcome you back the next time you're in Erie!

Reviewed July 13, 2022 via mobile

Such a great hotel! From the bay views to the breakfast- everything was perfect. All of the staff were accommodating and so friendly. The room was spacious and clean. We will absolutely be back next time we are in the Erie area.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nikki Cully, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Erie Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2022

Dear, NAxtell-Clark

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your stay with us! We are so glad to hear you had a very nice stay and we look forward to next time you stay with us!