Lowest prices for your stay
$70
Official Site
$65
Free cancellation until 10/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$70
Hotels.com$70
Priceline$70
Trip.com$79
All reviews shampoo and conditioner large flat screen tv room was clean ice machine stay there again presque isle gas station off the highway cleaning staff dryer microwave iron pillows mcdonalds pet exit convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2022

The room was clean with a nice built in dining table and bench. Cigarette burns adorned the surfaces and carpet as if they had been artistically thought out to compliment the minimalistic decor. A heavy, deep scent filled my nostrils as I opened the door to my room. “What is that”, I thought to myself. Ah, that’s it. It’s damp, dirty dog.

As I unpack my belongings, I turn to check the clock but there was no clock in sight. “Thankfully I have my cell phone”, I thought to myself. Then suddenly my nose starts to run and I reach for the box of tissue. Wait, there is no box of tissue. I scratch my head, perplexed, because what hotel doesn’t provide a box of tissue and an alarm clock. Realizing I need to wash my hair after touching it I head to the bathroom to turn on the shower. I grab the only two towels provided and look for the complimentary mini shampoo and conditioner. “Huh? Not again.” I say as I shake my head. There aren’t even complimentary shampoos and conditioners. Fine. I brought my own.

After my shower I stand in front of the vanity combing my freshly cleaned hair. I did not want to lay my wet hair on one of the pillows and saturate it so I reach for the hairdryer. Wait a minute. Seriously? There’s not even a hair dryer? I didn’t even bring one because this is always provided no matter where I stay!

Disappointed and upset, I decided I would relax with a coffee because coffee can put the most stubborn person in a better mood. I head to the sink to grab a glass and some water to fill the coffee maker for a much welcomed cup. Another problem though, there is no coffee maker. When does this end? Well at least I can iron the clothes I am going to wear tomorrow while my hair air dries. Nope! Wrong again! There’s not even an iron and ironing board.

It’s just time to go to bed with all of these let downs. Who knows what else I my discover. Ah! That’s it. A paper thin blanket. So, I say a prayer and thank god that I was not expecting a microwave and mini fridge.

In the morning, as I am packing my vehicle a sigh of relief was let out. Thank goodness it’s over. I don’t have to stay here anymore and there will be no more unpleasant surprises. But as I walked from the lobby the essence of wet dog could be found on my clothing at checkout.

I am not from Erie nor do I know many people from around here. If I ever do know of anyone who is traveling here, I will absolutely recommend this motel if I do not like them.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brand Experience Team, Other at Motel 6 Erie, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2022

After reading your review, we’re disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. We’re constantly trying to improve in order to provide the best guest experience possible, so we appreciate your honesty.
In the meantime, we’ll look into these issues and do our best to address them. Thanks again for your time, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2022

Wow. This motel was really clean. If every Motel 6 was like this one, I would always book them when I travel. Pet friendly, too. I was really impressed. The property was well lit at night also. I would definitely stay there again!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jean G

Gee, we really do love getting such positive feedback! We’re glad your experience was a good one and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2022

There is often a particular smell to a motel 6. This place had it. The room was generally clean, shower height was decent. It was nothing to look at inside our out. One nice thing was that though it was near the highway, it was pretty quiet at night. I guess it's all you need if you don't mind the smell.

Date of stay: June 2022

Here at Motel 6, we’re always trying to do better. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your recent stay and would like to apologize that your experience wasn’t as good as it could’ve been. We’d love the chance to make it up to you, so hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2022 via mobile

Clean rooms, friendly service, pet and kid friendly! We called this Motel 6 after a horrible experience at a different hotel closeby, and they were so helpful and friendly! They even showed us the room we'd be staying in before booking to make sure it was okay before making our decision. It was clean, quiet, and great for a stop over stay during our road trip. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Plenty of parking, easy access to the highway but quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
Trip type: Traveled with family

Hey friend, thanks for taking time to share your review. We're thrilled to hear you had a great stay and can’t wait to tell our staff. Until next time, safe travels.

Reviewed June 21, 2022

We stayed here for three nights and it was absolutely wonderful! The check-in process was seamless, and the manager, Jacob, was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was easy to find and get to, and had great parking right out front. The room was very bright and modern, super clean. The room (king bed) was very large and open concept which was nice. The rooms do not have refrigerators which was a bit of a bummer, but easily worked around with some ice and cooler bags if needed. Everything was very clean and tidy, and we felt very safe staying there. Even though it was very busy, it was very quiet and great for sleeping! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay at Motel 6 again! The price couldn’t be beat, and it was exactly what we were looking for! It is in a great location for access to everything.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are glad you had a great experience and appreciate your feedback! We look forward to providing your future lodging needs.

#team6