Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee(Shawnee on Delaware)
  • Pool
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)
View Hotel
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
View Hotel
Depuy Townhouses(Shawnee on Delaware)
View Hotel
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsscreened in porchbuttermilk fallsback porchwasher dryertwo storygame roomstwo bedroom villafull kitchenflat screenwelcome centerbasketball courtolder unitswhirlpool tubdvd playerother resortsthe delaware water gapactivity center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to give the place another try, we showed up a day later than reserved for. Only to get sent away, after having to take 3 hours to get there. The place had no power and they didn't attempt to call and let us know. Did not offer to put us up in another place, nor was there any credit given. Said to come back another day.! Where were we to go? 3 days later we made the trip back and tried again. Only to get a run down unit. Floors were sticky, utensils were old, bent and burnt. In fact the entire unit was so old and dirty. Furniture looked like it was salvaged from the street. Blankets had holes in it. What a mess. Appliances were all damaged The pool wasn't opened, so why give out "bracelets "? And they have nerve to try to sell you a time share?

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I couldn't find this info anywhere before we got there, so this is what the 4 BR presidential is like in Crestview. There are 2 of these units available, 1 is handicap accessible, 1 is not. They are both on the upstairs level, the non-accessible one you have to walk down a set of stairs then up stairs to get in. The accessible one has a walkway from the parking lot that you have to cross. We stayed in the non-handicap accessible one. You enter into an entry way with a bench. To your right is a hallway with 3 doors. First, a laundry room (full sized washer & dryer, side by side, also has a pack & play & bedding if you need it.), then a bathroom (walk in shower & toilet), then a bedroom with 2 full beds. Back in the entryway, to your left is another hallway with 2 doors. One leads to a bedroom with 2 full beds, which has an attached bathroom with a tub/shower combo. The other door is an emergency exit. There's also a closet in this hallway with a vacuum, broom, etc. Straight ahead from the entry way is great room with a living area with very comfy seating, a fireplace & above that, a TV, DVD player & Bose surround sound, a full kitchen with island seating for 4 & a dining room table for 8. Off one end of the great room is a master suite with a King bed, a walk in shower & a Jacuzzi tub. Off the other end of the great room is an identical suite. Straight through the great room is a screened porch that runs the whole length of the great room, with a table for 4 & a chaise lounge, & it looks over the woods. The beds were very comfy, everything was updated & clean. If you're into the VIP perks for Wyndham, this resort doesn't really have any. The toiletries are the same you'd get in any other regular room, there at no robes or fancy coffee or chocolates. Newspapers are available for owners, but you have to pick them up at the check in desk, which is a drive of just a few minutes. There are many activities scheduled, including a day trip to NYC & a winery trip, but also lower key things like Bingo. The indoor pool is very large & my kids had fun there, as well as in the arcade. We enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We traveled with our 5 and 6 year olds. We had a townhouse in the fairways that seemed updated. Some of the inits are definitly outdated which makes the booking process a bit of a wild card. It is a drive from the units to the main bldg which houses the office, pool, game rooms and all activites. There are lots of restaurants scattered around to fit anyones taste. The staff was friendly and the property was well maintained. Kids had a great trip and want to visit again soon.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Let’s start from the beginning. We got here expecting to stay in Crestview which is the newer updated section of the property, only to find out that it was unavailable to us because we booked using a timeshare. The staff could not give us a real reason as to why we couldn’t stay in Crestview other than because we booked our trip through a timeshare. So the 1st unit they put us in was so old that it only had tube TV’s in it. All of the appliances in the unit were very old and outdated. So we call and asked to be moved to a different unit which seemed to annoy the staff. So they moved us to a unit that was just as old and outdated as the 1st one but it had flat screen TV’s. So me and my wife decided to just try and make the best out of it by this point we were tired of carrying all of our luggage up and down all those steps. So fast forward to Friday morning at 10am the power goes out due to the snow storm. We call the front desk and the staff is very short with us and basically tells us to deal with it because the power is out over the entire property. We wait a while and call back to ask to be moved to one of their sister properties that still have electric because we are freezing. So after giving us the run around they finally tell us that we can move down the street to another property and that the power will be back on by this evening and we can come back. Me, my wife, and our friends load up into the truck and drive down the road get all our stuff unloaded and the power at the sister property goes out. We call the front desk and they tell us that there’s nothing they can do and tell us to layer up and wait got the power to come back on. They never offered to give us extra blankets or offered for us to come up to the main office were they had heat or anything. We leave out in search of food. We drive around for 4.5 hours to find a meal and back hoping the power would be back on. We find food and get back to Shawnee we go to the main office and there is still no power so we ask what is their plan because we cannot sleep in a place with no heat. They tell us that there is nothing they can do and that we had to go back to our house and wait for the power to come back on. We asked to speak to management but there was no one that could speak to us. They never offered to put us up in a hotel or offered us extra blankets to keep warm or anything. They sent us back to a unit with no heat or electric and told us to deal with it. We had to sleep fully dressed with our snow gear on to keep warm that night. Saturday morning comes we wake up still without power. We call once again and the staff was very rude to us when we asked about being moved or put up in a hotel or if they had a plan because we could not stay another day/ night here with no electric. They told me that they didn’t not have a plan in place for situations like this and that the power would not be back on until Wednesday and that I would not be getting any of my money back. I told the lady on the phone that this is no longer a vacation but it has now turned into survival, she took my number down and told me that someone from management would call me. We waited until noon and called once more to see if any progress had been made and the staff told me and I quote “I’m not telling you to checkout early but I am telling you that there’s nothing we can do for you”. We ended up just cutting our trip short and leaving versus sitting there in the cold with no heat, electric, or food. We mostly likely won’t get any type of compensation for this trip but I would not recommended this place to anyone this was by far once of the worst experiences of my life. It has been 5 days since I checked out and I’m still waiting for a return phone call from management.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
6  Thank 1225sls
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We spent 3 nights on President's day weekend 2018 and stayed in unit RT 146. Usually when we travel we book a hotel but with three teenagers that does not work for us anymore. Having looked at the photos on the Wyndham website and some trip advisor photos I was expecting a much more modern unit - but I was unfortunately misled by the photos! The unit we were in was very outdated and not at all like the photos I had seen on the website. I felt this was very misleading marketing - a bait and switch. The furnishing throughout the unit had a late 80's or early 90's look and feel. If I had known I would not have booked . However that did not stop us having a nice stay! On a positive note the villa was the perfect size for a family of five. The first floor had the living room (with a pull out sofa), dining room, kitchen and half bathroom. It also had a small closet with a washer and dryer. The second floor had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom had one queen sized bed and the other bedroom had two queen sized beds. Both bedrooms had flat screen TVs. The two bathrooms on the second floor had enough towels and soap but don't provide shampoo and conditioner. The kitchen while outdated was very well equipped. It had plenty of plates, silverware, glasses, dishwasher, microwave, electric stove, toaster, pots and pans. The refrigerator was roomy and worked well. They also provided paper towel, garbage bags, dishwasher liquid detergent and powder detergent for dishwasher. The unit is equipped with smoke alarm and two fire extinguishers.
Check in was relatively easy .However I was overcharged by 290 dollars - they caught it - not me - and apologized right away. I liked that on our first morning they called us to see how we were settling in. When we were leaving they also called us to apologize for the mix up in my bill. The supervisor Nadine was especially professional.
We did not avail of any of the on site amenities: pool hot tub, games rooms etc. just because we were busy doing outside activities. The village is minutes from Shawnee mountain ski area and the delaware water gap where we hiked. Overall I enjoyed our stay here but would give it 3 stars not 4 because of being misled by the website unit photos. I would stay here again if I knew I was getting one of the more modern units.

Stayed: February 2018