1,134 results
All reviews on the rocks rocky beach watching surfers sound of the waves fun to watch oregon coast downtown seaside bottom floor get away view is amazing heated pool love this place short drive ocean side great ocean small kitchen stayed longer
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing views, clean and friendly, close to downtown! I highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway or a family retreat. The balconies all have an ocean view and there are several areas for nighttime fun like bonfires and smores.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank heathersJ3964JD
Gorden D, General Manager at Lanai at the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

It is romantic/fun to sit on the beach with a bonfire and then add some fireworks to boot. Thank you for joining us over July 4th and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

First, let me say that my father was a travel agent and I have been to all kinds of properties all over the world. I know how a mistake should be handled. This place failed.
We have been return guests at this property and have always booked the lower oceanfront rooms. In January we booked online and also phoned for the same room as last time, downstairs oceanfront. We wanted to make certain that we got it booked due to it being July 4th. A confirmation was emailed with a room number that we thought might be on the end as the number was 31 and we got 25 the last time. AND WE PHONED TO MAKE CERTAIN WE HAD DOWNSTAIRS OCEANFRONT. We arrived today to find out the following:

1. Our room request was taken by an employee whom was fired due to the mistakes she kept making. Therefore we are in the back next to the noisey pool and NOT downstairs oceanfront.

2. We did both...online and phoned to confirm. Since management has no record of us phoning...we are lying about it.

3. Management didn't handle it very well and made us feel we were at fault.

4. Most properties would comp one of our nights knowing they made a mistake. Instead we were offered $50 off if we wanted to return in the future. After this experience coming back may be questionable.

5. I was insulted when told the price of my room was not what I would have paid for the room I requested...that the rooms for the Holiday would be nearly triple inferring that I might not be able to afford it? I can buy this place if I wanted to.

All in all, the place is great but management needs to learn how to handle this kind of thing properly. The guest comes first.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Lisa L
Gorden D, General Manager at Lanai at the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Yes, that is true, you need to make sure you book the proper room type, especially on a busy weekend like the 4th. You need to remember, and I am sure your father would agree, if you make changes to a reservation and you have not received a confirmation regarding your changes, it's best to call the hotel back to make sure the changes have been made. We tried to handle it the best we could, but before we could address the situation, you demanded we give you free nights right away even though we had no record of you calling or making changes. I'm sorry that you did not have a great time, even though we tried our best, it seems that nothing would have made your experience any better.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Amazing views!!!! Very cozy, clean & adorable. Everything was just perfect! Didn't feel like a hotel, had a very "homey" feeling. We will definitely go back!!! Had everything one would need ! Decorated so cute! Staff is great, too! Another plus is on site parking.

Room tip: Ocean view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

It is cozy. Has view of the beach. Convienatly located near Cannon Beach! The room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly. It even has a pool, towels were available to use. Will definantly be returning real soon!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Gorden D, General Manager at Lanai at the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

We like the fact you found our place clean, comfortable and friendly staff. We hope that you will come back and visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Can't begin to tell you how wonderful this sweet boutique condos are!! Part of me doesn't want me to sing its praises, we want it to be our secret place at the beach. We have stayed here many times over the years. Our current room is #43, the Mermaid room...mermaids favorite color is blue of course. We found it he room very cozy, really liked the swivel, rocker recliners very nice for TV watching and swivel 180* and look out to the ocean waves practically at our balcony. Everything you need is included; great little kitchenette, comfortable bed, even little electric fireplace. Thank you to the wonderful staff & owners, until the next time ❤️

1  Thank kwilter811

I know people would like to keep this a secret, but so happy that you enjoyed your stay , its great to sit in your room and look out at the waves and the surfers. Thank you for the great review.