“24/7”

The Kitchen on Court Street
Ranked #20 of 579 Restaurants in Salem
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This place is open 24/7 which is awesome. Not very busy on a Wednesday night for dinner. We were greeted and sat immediately by very nice staff. The food came out quickly and was very good. The food is more comfort food style and delivered. Grits, chicken fried steak, lamb burger. All seemed fresh made and good quality.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Googled the best lunch in Salem and the first place that came up was the Kitchen on Court Street. We got off I-5 and went downtown and found it. The people next to us (close tables) asked us if we’d eaten there and we said, “No.”. They said the Benedict’s are the best. Guess what, they were right. Their Benedict’s are made with duck eggs and so is the beautiful rich hollandaise sauce with lots of lemon. My husband had the traditional and I had the California. Mine had crispy bacon, avocado and tomato both on their homemade yummy bread. This was heavenly. My husband said, “We stumbled on a great find.” Talk about great food, quick to the table and happy service. Yes, this was fabulous! And a constant stream of customers. We will remember this and go back!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My wife had the Eggs Benedict, they use duck eggs. The holidase sauce was unremarkable. And the dish was served with burnt potatoes.
I had the chicken tacos, just chicken with hot sauce. We also tried their soup, both the clam chowder and Navy bean were good.

The place was dirty, greasy; seats were torn, air intakes were caked with dirt, floors slippery. They had a big door to block the kitchen noise, but it was left open.

Most unremarkable visit.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We stumbled upon this restaurant in the wee hours of the morning when we were desperate for food, and this was a great find! The restaurant had a great atmosphere, the servers were all very friendly, and I had the most delicious biscuits and gravy that I've ever had in my life here.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We travel a lot and try a lot of local restaurants hoping to find an awesome one that we can go back to after work. We happened to stumble upon the Kitchen while walking by and decided to stop in. We went straight to the bar and grabbed a few menus.

We were not that hungry coming into the place, but once we sat down and ordered our drinks, we became very hungry smelling all the great food. I will say that the bar is a bit limited, but we came to eat anyways.

We ordered the calamari and it was cooked perfectly. Not overdone so it is chewy, but just right, so it is tender. My coworker then had a skillet while I had the steak with veggies and fries. While waiting, we saw a lot of breakfast plates go out and the pancakes looked incredible. Our food came out shortly after and we loved each bite. The steak was cooked correctly and the fries were so very good.

We loved the food here so much, we came back two more times and both those times were just as good. Easily recommend eating here anytime!