“the little french dip sandwich is the best”
Review of Wild Pear

Wild Pear
Ranked #2 of 579 Restaurants in Salem
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Can't go wrong here. Had the French dip sandwich. It was small but really good and satisfying. Nice building. Well staffed. Slightly expensive but they have a happy hour from 3-6pm. I would describe it as a gourmet cafe. Plenty of seating. Clean. Nice Bathroom too!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My best friend and I went here to celebrate our birthday lunch. It took 10 minutes to be given water/greeted by our waitress. It was not a great start. The food portions and quality was not in alignment with the prices. The food was unique and thoughtfully prepared but not satisfying, I don't think I will eat here again. They did not make us feel "special" on our day. (Yes they did know it was our birthdays.)

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Four friends met up for dinner before a class. We tried 2 different appetizers (the apricot crostini's were out of this world!!!!) and 4 different entrée choices. Every single one of which were Amazing!!! The Chicken Verde casserole was hands down the favorite, but the Roasted Turkey Club got raves also. We were all so stuffed afterwards!!! My only complaint is that it closes at 6:30pm on weeknights.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Salem has a few little gems and this is one of them. Be aware it is super popular at lunchtime and they will not seat an incomplete party at that time.
The menu is varied. The wild pear salad and their Coconut Curry soup are my go-tos for lunch, but a variety of sandwiches and a beautiful dessert display case round out the menu. Try the Vietnamese Iced Coffee. So delicious! They also have a fine iced tea and a bar should you be inclined.
Lots of business people and ladies who lunch during mid day but this place is also appropriate for families with kids.
Plan your Saturday dinner early, as they close at 6!

1  Thank ORTravelMom
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We were looking for a place in Salem for lunch so, of course, we revert to Trip Advisor. This small and very quaint place in downtown Salem is worth the rating. The place is comfortable, not too loud but still vibrant. The food is just amazing. I had the Chicken Hazelnut Salad sandwich and one of the soups of the day which was a Creamy curry and ginger. WOW! I could eat that all day. Make a stop if you're in town and experience greatness. Oh, and the service is outstanding.

1  Thank Richard B

Been to Wild Pear? Share your experiences!