“amazing chef”

Ranked #3 of 579 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Annettes is located in the historic Kingwood Building. Originally built in 1928 to be a market place. The building has adopted many occupants through it's time. Annette has given the historic building the respect it deserves with a dramatic makeover inside and out. Many people still remember the old market place and can't believe this is the same building from way back when. Come dine with us in our modern, yet home style stmosphere, with friendly staff to make you feel right at home.
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been wanting to try this place for a long time and I’m so glad I did. I got the outback omelette. I’m pretty sure it’s the best omelette I’ve ever had, hands down. I also got the potato cakes which are to die for! I tried my brother’s breakfast enchiladas and they were some of the best enchiladas I’ve ever had as well! Pretty good biscuits too! Kim helped us out to decide what to get and she was so sweet and knew just what to suggest. I would say this is one of my new favorite places to eat in Salem. Definitely stop by and try it, you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I have tried to like this restaurant and have given it a number of chances. On reflrction, the food has never been good.They try to make upthe poor quality of the food with quantity.The prices are stupid.Try $19.00 for mac and cheese.Yesterdays meal was the last straw.My wife ordered a chicken ceasar salad,while the chicken was acctually good,the giant pile of old dried out lettuce was so bad a starving donkey wouldn't eat it..My mother in law, who we often say, would eat a frozen dog, left most of her food untouched. She did however eat some of her instant mashed potatos and brown gravey which may have come from a 5 gallon bucket.of gravy fixens.Not happy. The manager choose to offer us more bad food instead of reducing our bill. The owners of this restaurant should visit other restaurants and see what dining out should be like. Try Georgies in Newport, they absolutely do it right.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Annette’s is one of those local places you can’t not go to. It’s got amazing food! Good portions and the people there are friendly! We like sitting in the bar and ordering appetizers and drinks. It’s a good atmosphere. Stop in grab some great food and drinks and hangout!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Breakfast at Annette's is always good. Go for the bacon!!! Yum. So much food. We could have ordered one meal and split it but why would we. Great selection and we came home with 3 boxes of left overs. Quality of ingredients shows. We also come her for happy hour and dinner. Small bar but the happy hour is great with good specials. Oh yes, don't forget the salad bar. Huge salad bar with everything you could want. You won't go home hungry here.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and you will not go away hungry. They have an oriental chicken salad that is the best I have ever had. Will definitel go back!