“A great collection of craft beers and a delicious selection of entrees”

Venti's Cafe & Taphouse
Ranked #69 of 586 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairview
Transit: Salem-Keizer Cherriots #1-South Commercial and #8-Liberty Rd. busses stop within a block of Venti's Cafe + Taphouse.
Description: Venti's Cafe + Taphouse is an energetic establishment located at 2840 Commercial St. SE Salem. We pride ourselves on good, clean food, an inviting yet edgy atmosphere, and a commitment to unique flavor, attitude, and culture. Teriyaki chicken skewers and rice bowls is how Venti's all began in 1996. Our menu has evolved to include a wide range of unique rice bowls, tasty vegetarian and vegan options, boutique burgers, colorful salads, and multicultural cuisine. The menu has something for everyone, including exotic spices, savory sauces, and gluten-free options, all at a moderate price. We offer a family environment by allowing children to select from our homemade kid's options and to have fun in the kid's play area. Venti's strives to carry a rotating selection of unique microbrews and ciders, offering 24 taps and over 100 bottles, specializing in Oregon and NW brews but regularly throwing something different on draft. Follow our Twitter feed for daily tap updates and event info.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The establishment has a range of beers that would take several visits to taste them all. The menu is a fusion of several ethnic traditions. Mexican, Asian, Mediterranean and North West. Good food at affordable prices.

The interior of the restaurant is very airy and has good ambiance. The outdoor seating is too close to the road and the traffic is too busy.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent menu selection and a great variety of beers. Service is too notch. Interior is clean and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I found the menu overwhelming and I had the bowl and wrap option which was confusing to order.

When it came out, the wraps had lots of rice, so it's like a chicken teriyaki burrito. Kinda strange! It tasted good. I wished there was less rice so the teriyaki wouldn't be too dry.

I've heard good reviews about it. I may give it a miss and try other places before I go back.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I had high hopes for this place; I was let down. I'm always looking for local restaurants that include local food and humanely raised meats. I usually find great inventive & delicious food. This meal was just overall bad. The only saving grace was the pineapple curry soup. It was good. However, the pita bread that came with it was a single wedge that was rock hard. I almost asked if the single wedge of pita was a joke, but held off thinking dinner would be better, but it got worse. I had the cod tacos. The cod was supposed to be spicy (it calls this out on the menu), but it had no flavor whatsoever. Whatever seasoning they put on it diminished the flavor of the cod to barely edible. The slaw and vegan red pepper aioli was okay, but there was little... mostly lettuce (and iceberg at that... I'm not at Taco Bell!) Worse yet was my son's meal. He was super excited to see yaki-soba as an option. Given his absolute love of yaki-soba (he ate his way through Japan on yaki-soba and ramen) he had to have it. The 82 cent Maruchan yaki-soba is way better than Venti's version and I certainly don't call that good. It was basically spaghetti noodles with teriyaki sauce. That is not yaki-soba Venti! The teriyaki chicken was overcooked, dry and over-seasoned. His meal was so bad, and so drowning in bad sauce, that I had to order him a 'safe' grilled cheese. And had to pay for the really bad meal too. Our service was okay; not great. Had to flag the waiter down to order new meal as we weren't checked on after food arrived. Skip this place.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I hate the taste of hops, which can be an issue when every local beer I seem to run into is described as "hoppy". They had a very large selection of Oregon beers, as well as a few imports. The bitterness level is stated in the menu, which is nice. The fondue burger was very good and the truffle chips had good truffle flavor ( sometimes I think restaurants say truffle, but don't use any).