“Everyone loves this place”

Happy Bibimbap House
Ranked #4 of 579 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 14 April 2018

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Salem. More importantly, it is my wife's favorite restaurant in Salem. My daughter lived in South Korea for 18 months, and she says this is some of the best Korean food she has had in the US. It is always busy, and there are lots of return customers.

Starting with the basics, the place is spotlessly clean. I appreciate that. The service is exceptional. The servers are pleasant, efficient, and unobtrusive. There is adequate parking on the street.

My wife always gets the Dol Sot Bibimbap with chicken. I like to try a variety. I've had the Dol Sot Bibimbap with beef, the sweet and sour chicken, the spicy garlic shrimp, the spicy garlic chicken, the bulgogi, the short ribs, the tempura bento box, and some others that I can't remember. All of it was good. I particularly like the spicy garlic chicken. Other reviewers have mentioned the appetizers. They're outstanding. Each meal comes with a sampler of kimchi and scallion pancake.

Plus, the owner is just possibly the nicest person on the planet. The restaurant closes on Monday so they can go down and serve food to the homeless.

If you are going for the first time, I would get the Dol Sot Bibimbap. It is their signature dish, and it is wonderful. It is pure comfort food. If you come back a second time, I really recommend branching out. There are too many good things on the menu to limit your experience to just one.

2  Thank LKGates

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

What was that that ! I have eaten better food pantry food. It had a foul oder and tasted like old tennis shoe. Had better in military. I will never be back.

peakochi, social media management at Happy Bibimbap House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

We apologize for the unsatisfied experience. Would you please provide what you ordered?

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I love their food. Great place with very reasonable prices. There are small appetizers to start with that are included in the price of the meal. The meal portions are generous so you won't leave hungry.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Cannot say how much I Love their food and their Kimchi is AWESOME! The Ramen I highly recommend, but I have yet to have anything bad, a must try!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The food is fantastic! I am learning to really love Korean food as my daughter is dating a young man from South Korea. THIS made it easy to love the food! So delicious.

The look of the place is just a standard place, not fancy. The owner is a gem! She is the sweetest lady ever! The workers are helpful and attentive.

I have eaten here often now.