“Fresh juice drinks”

Taproot Lounge & Cafe
Ranked #50 of 602 Restaurants in Salem
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

They have some amazing fresh juice cocktails. The one with carrot juice, ginger, and vodka was amazing. I could drink that all day! They have some amazing quinoa bowls that are filling and healthy. We enjoyed the laid back atmosphere for some drinks and conversation. Average drink $8-9.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Don't let the outside of the building fool you it is wonderful inside. Stopped by on a night and shared a BST (Bacon, Spinach, & Tomatoes) sandwich with my wife along with some drinks. Appreciated they actually gave you a decent amount of bacon!! The drinks were good, but those peanut butter chocolate covered truffles were to die for. Have also been here for breakfast and it was wonderful as well. Quickly becoming one of our fav spots in Salem.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We stopped here for dinner on the recommendation of our hotel front desk person. From the outside, you would think that you are about to enter a dive, but once you enter the establishment, you will find it is a like a steampunk type atmosphere in there. It certainly surprised us.

We went straight to the bar in the back and was greeted by some great bartenders. They were very personable and offered great suggestions on drinks. We started off with some beer and cocktails and they were all excellent. Since we were here for dinner, we also looked at the food menu and ordered a few things including the chicken wings.

The food came out in decent time and I hate to say it, but it was not that good to us. We thought the wings were very soggy and over coated with sauce. Normally, chicken wings are crispy even with sauce, but these were not. I also ordered some hummus on the side and while okay, it was not great.

I would easily recommend that you come for the drinks, but not the food. We loved the atmosphere and people so much, we came back for drinks after eating dinner elsewhere the next night.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I love a good happy hour place and I love healthy, vegan and vegetarian options. This cafe/ restaurant is the best of two worlds! The menu is varied, tasty, and I love that it's organic and locally sourced as possible! Add to this the happy hour and bar in the back with a great shuffleboard and I'm sold! I can go here for breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner and never get bored! Love this place!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

The menu is varied and interesting. The food, healthy. I enjoyed the burger which was tasty and filling. The others in my group live locally and that is there "go to" place!

Been to Taproot Lounge & Cafe? Share your experiences!