All reviews nespresso machine happy hour in the evening complimentary coffee in the lobby front desk pillow menu great toiletries facility fee food truck free beer the penthouse great hotel downtown restaurants large bathroom corner room food carts hotel provided both mornings
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I prefer to stay in the centrally located Dossier when we visit Portland. We stay because the rooms are incredibly comfortable and the staff always seems to go above and beyond to make sure that our stay is one we won't soon forget, in a good way . At our most recent stay, I had booked a premium room with two beds for my sister and I. My boyfriend decided to join us at the last minute. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff graciously upgraded us to a King suite, on the 17th floor, saying that we three would be more comfortable in the suite than the premium double room. The king suite has an opulent king sized bed with a memory foam pull out sofa bed which my sister described as being one of the best nights sleep at a hotel in a long time. The room was impecably designed and decorated. The bathroom was beautifully spacious with a nice soaking tub and over head rainfall styled walk in shower. For dinner we checked menus around town but found that Dossier's restaurant, opal had a delicious selection with lots of value that wasn't breaking the bank. I thoroughly enjoyed my huge plate of pasta with maitake mushrooms for 8 dollars! The inside of the restaurant is so elegant and we seemed to have beat the dinner rush so we had the place all to ourselves. Dossier also is one and a half blocks away from many food carts/stalls so there is no shortage of good food near this restaurant.

Lastly my boyfriend and I can't speak highly enough about the valet service with unlimited in and out privileges. Ali, who has been one of our valet at Dossier for our last two visits has been very expedient in grabbing our car and has given us amazing nightlife and restaurant suggestions for our visit and is super personable. The exact person you want to have your car keys when you valet.

Stay at Dossier if you want an above and beyond stay.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Zach M, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear scschmitter,

Thank you for your continued patronage. Feedback is so important to us, and repeat guest feedback is the pinnacle as it shows a trend of how we are serving our guests, not just once, but through multiple visits. Ali is such a great part of the team and he as well as the rest of the team will be happy to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

If you enjoy a perfect location, a small but quaint lobby, delightfully engaging and welcoming staff, a beautiful (and quiet) room with comfortable beds, expresso coffee, large bathroom with all the necessities, than book the Dossier Hotel. HOWEVER, this already great experience was heightened thanks to Tyler who never missed an opportunity to be helpful. He defines gracious, delightful, and attentive and he elevated our already lovely experience. If you need some great restaurant insight......seek out Matthew for suggestions. (Another great and warm hotel representative). Lastly, not a thing wrong with their afternoon lobby happy hour! Thank you everyone (you too Rose) for enhancing our first Portland visit.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for your business and for taking then time to share your feedback, we would not be the hotel we are without either. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the property so much and that Tyler and the rest of the team took such good care of you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed this hotel. It feels new and updated and has a lot of unique luxury details. I stayed for 2 nights on business. I loved how large the bathroom was with awesome spa style amenities. The bed was super comfy. The service was good, and room service food was actually really nice (I’ve eaten a lot in my day!).

Overall a pleasant hotel. I was shocked by the resort fee which was an unwelcome and unnecessary surprise especially since you don’t get much in that other than WiFi and a bike rental you’ll never use. They need to fix the price structure. It’s shady.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Dear IlonaKJ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your Portland experience. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our exclusive spa style amenities to be a benefit. I do apologize that you were surprised by the facility fee, as our confirmations when booking direct always disclose this. I wonder if you may have booked online with another company as other sites may not clearly state this up front (which we have repeatedly asked them to do), but I can assure you we never try and hide any taxes or fees from our guests where we can control it.

I do hope you can come back and stay with us again, I would be happy to ensure you are sent a confirmation that will show you exactly what to expect at check out if you would like to contact the hotel once you have booked.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We found the Dossier to be a very nice hotel.
The staff was very helpful especially Tyler. The room was spacious and we enjoyed the large bath room with the separate walk in shower and bath tub.
We had a good night sleep on the comfortable bed. It was the best night sleep we have ever had in a hotel.
We would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Dear cindykfp,

Your feedback is so important to us and to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much means we are doing the right things for our guests. We will continue to improve our operation and welcome you back anytime in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Every staff member we met was genuinely cordial and accommodating. The room was exquisite, though just a bit small, but all the details were perfectly addressed...luxurious bedding, quality toiletries and delicious coffee! The location couldn’t be more ideal for exploring the best of Portland.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to hear that the team took such attention to your stay and allowed you to concentrate on your PDX adventure.