“Nothing special”
Review of Gold Dust Meridian

Gold Dust Meridian
Ranked #1,401 of 4,628 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went here on a Friday night. There was no staff to greet or guide you. We found a table and sat down. Waited 20 minutes and noticed there were no waitresses working and no one came to get our order or spoke to us. Other patrons were just kind of hanging out. There was only one bartender working, who we eventually approached. He told us that we had to order and pay for the drinks at the bar and then seat our selves at any table. Since it was quite busy and one bartender it took quite a while to get rounds of drinks. This place is perfect for the local neighborhood walk in patron, but waste of time for an out of towner.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Went w/ my family for celebratory drinks and food. Excellent experience. great service great drinks. mid-range prices. Very cozy place for friends to meet and chat.

I would go back

Reviewed 4 February 2018

with one of the longest happy hours in town (2-8pm) ... you must visit for cocktails and stay for a while.

Known for several huge drinks that are delivered with 4 or more straws for sharing... we came in for drinks and dinner before catching a film down the street at Cinemagic...

it was almost warm enough to sit outside and watch life on Hawthorne go by, but sat inside instead. Very lovely bar with booths, glassy bar and interesting things on the wall.

Deviled Eggs were as expected, not blow me away fancy, but good.

Garlic green beans were in a pretty heavy garlic soy sauce that some found a bit much, but it was a huge serving too...

Brussel Sprouts were probably best dish- served with cheese, chilis, pine nuts and aioli on the side, I thought they were delish.

Shared a cheese burger too which was a good thing. Cheese toast was not well executed and wasn't even finished by the 4 of us...

Parking in the area isn't too bad as this part of Hawthorne is mix business and residential.

Been here once before for drinks later in the evening and had a fine time just drinking with pals.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I spottted this place from across the street and recalled having seen the name before. Probably in the Willamete week. And recalled it was a place I wanted to check out and see what it is like.

Inside it have a comfortable look and appeal straight away. some of the pictures on the wall had a nautical feel to them. The server at the bar was very friendly. I felt right at home. Ordered a drank beer and found the guy at the bar to be an excellent person to discuss a wide range of topic. His name was Josh. Very Knowledgeable and rather witty.

There were not many people here. In fact I almost had the place to myself. The place has an intimate feel to it and looks like it would be an excellent place to have a meal. Or in my case to just relax and enjoy a few good drinks.

Yes, a very cool place indeed.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Showed up at 4:00 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon, and there was still plenty of choices for seating. Many nice booths throughout to sit in ... and a few tables, as well. After we were there for a hour, they dimmed the lights to make it cozy and close. Had a cocktail off the menu (Marionberry Margherita) and shared an appetizer. Didn't pay much attention to prices -- and I didn't end up paying. The service was fine ... efficient if nothing else. The music was faint, which was also O.K. by me. I came for the conversation. If you haven't tried this new Hawthorne favorite, do!