“Classic Steakhouse Vibe”

Wilfs Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Wilfs Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #818 of 4,593 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$12 - US$70
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town - Chinatown
Cross street: NW Irving
Transit: Wilfs is located on the Max light rail line, our stop is designated "Union Station" on NW 5th & 6th Avenues. For Rose Quarter events: dine with us before the event, pick up the light rail on NW 6th, you're just 3 minutes from the Rose Quarter, the first stop. Quick and easy.(Yellow & Green line)
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

A classic steakhouse style restaurant with beautiful red velvet high back chairs white table cloths etc. We shared a fondue appetizer and then The entire group of 5 ordered the Steak Diane (filets) which is prepared table side. A good wine list with some reasonably priced options. Live Jazz on Saturday night added to the ambiance. Only downside is that it is located at the train station and there are lots of homeless sleeping on the street around the train station area at night. We ubered to/from.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Having time to kill between trains, we came to lunch here. Here are pros & cons:

Pros: Proximity to train station & comfy booth.

Cons: Food was average. Not bad, just NO sauerkraut on our Reubens. Cook refused
to make the dessert on menu that we wanted. Waitress was very crabby & scary
so we didn't complain. Very noisy with people disobeying rules of conduct, i.e. no
cell phone usage & keeping conversations on low decibel level.

We were warned it was very expensive & that is quite correct. We will have to return here, unfortunately, as this area of Portland is too dangerous to traverse looking for alternative restaurants.

1  Thank momziekins
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I do not often get moved to writing a bad review. I went here for the music and thought well lets have dinner too. The music was outstanding. The service not so. My water glass was used, menu's took a while to arrive, server even longer. Could not make the cocktail I wanted. Ordered my food, first course arrived, was OK, plate cleared, then the bread arrived, then my wine, then my dinner, had to ask someone else for another glass of wine. I asked about dessert was at first given two choices, no menu, really. I am sorry if it is so hard to be a sincere server, do not be one.

There are many other fine restaurants in Portland. Avoid this one.

1  Thank Jonathanmb35
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

So I was arriving by train into Union Station in Portland. Four of my friends decided to wait for me at Wilfs. They had drinks and ordered a cheese appetizer plate. They said the drinks were quite good but the service was poor. They said when they arrived there were as many waiters as guests and yet service was still slow after 45 min. They asked about there cheese plate. When it came they said they were underwhelmed. Literally there was one bite each. Then at 7pm they were
Informed that they needed to pay a $10 cover each for the music or leave. So they askef for their bill which also took forever to arrive. I arrived at the restaurant and decided to stay near the reception desk. A man who had been on the train and had his bags with him came in to enquire about getting a beer. The manager was quick to point out that their dinners started at $35. The nan said ok. Then the waiter said well we have music tonight and are pretty full (funny I saw lots if empty tables). Anyway they did take him in.
My friends complained to the manager but he did not seem to care only saying that they were not a station bar. Well we left, went elsewher and had an amazing meal in mych pleasanter surroundings.
This place used to be good. Not sure what happened.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I love Wilf's. This is an old school style of restaurant, with tables spaced far apart, attentive servers without an attitude, in an elegant setting. Younger folks would probably think this is just for old folks, and as an old folk I might agree, though my about 30 year old niece and her beau have really enjoyed this place as well. The food is great, when you have a server who states his job is to make you happy, and puts on a nice show without being obtrusive or snotty, when you can hear everyone at the table talk, when you're not in the lap of the diners at the next table, I'm a happy customer. Get the cherries jubilee, which is excellent, as is the presentation.