All reviewsportland airportshuttle servicebusiness travelnext morningnice hotelrental caran early morning flightclean roomsfitness centerwould stay here againcascade stationtop floornice stayconvenient locationfront desk staffhgilobby
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed July 10-12, 2018 on business. Carrie at the front desk was a very friendly and warm in her greetings. She was struggling with a cold or sore throat and I commend her for persevering as a professional.

One point was that the desk in my room was not adequately cleaned. You could see food stains or something.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for the review! I do apologize about the desk not being thoroughly cleaned. I will bring this to our housekeepers attention. I am glad that you found Carrie friendly and welcoming. I will be sure to pass your comments on to her. She is our newest employee at the desk so that is refreshing to hear!
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I have never written any review before but I decide to write this review after our stay. The hotel looks decent outside but the room is out dated and not clean. I haven’t seen any pool so dirty like the one in this hotel. There are lots of hairs and other stuffs floating on the water when I walked by. I called management to let them know but they did nothing. I will never go back to this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank pnh361
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant stay at our hotel. This is definitely not up to the standards that we have set and I am not sure why we seem to have fell short of these. I know our staff works hard to keep our hotel clean and we are constantly upgrading our interior with everything in the room new with exception to our case goods (desk, nightstands) which we are doing within the year. We do have our pool cleaned every morning. I am not sure who you talked to about it, but I am also upset that it was not followed up on. I thank you for your business and understand your not wanting to come back.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely, spotlessly clean room on the top floor on back of hotel. Very quiet and comfy. Nice amenities - Keurig coffee in room.

Had dinner at hotel as we were too tired to go anywhere else. Nice wait staff. The smothered chicken dish was actually very good. I was pleasantly surprised. There are a couple walkable restaurants nearby too.

Breakfast turned out to be a less pleasant experience. The hotel seemed to be short staffed. We were told we had to go place an order at the register if we didn’t want the buffet, as there is no table service. There were two tables where the one waitress actually took the guests’ order. Seemed to be some confusion about the actual process. Felt invisible. After standing in line for an extended period just to order I gave up and had the buffet. The coffee ran out as did the silverware at the buffet. Very chaotic and unimpressive. Definitely needs improvement.

Recommend the hotel but think I would go elsewhere for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for the nice review. I do apologize about the lack of service for breakfast. I will pass them along to the appropriate staff. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Ok, first off this is not a nice hotel so if you are looking for a nice place to stay while visiting Portland you should cross this place off your list right away. There are a million other options far better than this one.

Some of the other reviews here seem to be talking about a different hotel. If by plenty of place to eat nearby you are satisfied with ghetto subway, mcdonalds, or a really cheap Chinese take out place well then fine. Otherwise, this is a hotel by the airport and the food options within walking distance are abysmal.

This review is for anyone who has read the red flags other people have written about and either don't believe them or think this might be a fine cheap place to park between flights or for any other low maintenance reason. This is still a TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY. Here's why:

1. Super noisy. The rooms are subject to all kinds of car noise - from the mufflers of cars revving up just outside, to police siren noises. It's like the walls are made of paper. If it's summer, you can forget it. You will likely have the window open bc of the ineffectual ac and that just lets in an entire world of noise.

2. Not very clean. I've been to this hotel twice because of a convention and I waited until the second visit to make sure it wasn't just an off week. The first time, our room hadn't been made up when we arrived. The second time the sheets were stained, there were crumbs on the floor and I encountered a large spider in the bathroom while peeing. It was harrowing.

3. Inattentive staff. Other than a superstar waitress who runs breakfast (she really is incredible), the rest of the staff acts as though they would rather not be there.

4. Not very comfortable. The rooms run very hot. They smell bad. The beds are extremely uncomfortable, and the elevators are ridiculously slow. It is a poorly maintained building.

5. Sketchy billing practices coupled with more of that "could care less" attitude. I was charged an amount after I already checked out, for breakfast. When I noticed the charge, I called, and found out it was incorrect, that they would remove the charge. Time passed and the charge remained so I called again to find out what was going on. Turns out they decided the charge should remain and when I complained about the way I had been jerked around and charged, questionably, after the fact, I was met with a "we don't really care" attitude.

I could go on but writing but reliving my experience with this hotel through this review is irritating. I wish I could give zero stars.

This is a terrible place to stay and it is run by folks who simply don't care to make it nicer.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

I am sincerely sorry that you had such a horrible experience with our hotel. We all work very hard to uphold the standards that are set by Hilton. You certainly have made it sound like we are a horrible hotel so I completely understand why you will choose to not come back. I do have a wonderful staff and our houeskeeping department works very hard to keep it clean.By the way, I do care and am sorry that you left with the impression that I do not.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This hotel is within a few minutes of the airport. The room was clean and staff friendly. The internet service seemed slow compared to other Hilton hotels. We were only in the hotel for a short time and did not experience any of the amenities.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank kpitch32
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for the review and I hope that you had a great vacation here in Oregon!