Lowest prices for your stay
₱5,896
₱5,453
Get rewarded with One Key
Skyscanner.com
₱4,974
3,313 results
All reviews driftwood room driftwood bar hollywood theme gracie's restaurant the pearl beautiful hotel room service happy hour corner room old school love this hotel within walking distance front desk staff valet parking visiting portland public transportation gracies
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2023

We had read all the reviews and were prepared for the fees, but we were delighted at check in to be offered free parking if we upgraded our room to a king suite, which was cheaper than the actual parking fee. Our room was AMAZING! Comfortable bed, huge space. We ended up spending more time here than anticipated because it was just so nice.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2023

This is a testament to how a single interaction can expose a whole heap of laissez-faire management. We had a nice-enough stay for 3 nights. On our arrival, we had picked-up a package which had been delivered to us via UPS before we got there...The front desk staff had received it as planned, handed it to us, and everything was perfect. And so, when we checked out, we had total confidence in the hotel's ability to do the same in reverse: See to it that the same (time-sensitive) package made its way to UPS. We'd made the return label, there was nothing to do but hand it to their usual UPS driver. The staff indicated it wouldn't be a problem. Days later, the package hadn't arrived.

A call to the front desk the night we discovered it revealed that the package was still sitting there. And in trying to get this righted, I was met with what I can only call an aggressively-unhelpful response from the person I was talking to. Where the easy (and professional) solution would be to just say "Dang, so sorry...Let me schedule a pickup for this ASAP!", it was more like "Well, if you never scheduled a pickup with UPS, then I can't really do anything. I mean, MAYBE they're coming tomorrow, I don't really know". When I was eventually treated to some boilerplate "We're not responsible for any items left....", I was pretty irate. We ended up asking an elderly local relative to retrieve the package that night so as to ensure it got to UPS.

I was angry enough to finally reply to the text questionnaire I had been presented with on checkout days later, with a terse comment to the effect of "you won't see me again".

The next day, I got a text reply from the hotel, saying "Sorry to hear that. Why?" I replied with my story above. And I was charitable. I added "Mistakes happen, I get it. But, like: You're a hotel. You should be in the business of making stuff like this right, not taking sides against your guests". I just wanted them to know this had basically soured me on their whole hotel.

No reply. For 24 hours. Maybe I was talking to a bot? Partly to test that (but partly out of genuine incredulity), I wrote back something to the effect of "Nothing to say?" To which I got a pretty swift reply with an apology for the package mixup, and a promise that this would be passed up to management, and that "someone will be reaching out to you".

You guessed it: Nobody has reached out to me, a week later.

In the end, I'm grateful that nothing was lost or damaged, and our late fees for the package were waived by the recipient. But we were good guests, we were part of a large group of guests who stayed multiple nights for an event utilizing hotel facilities which probably made their month, and it sucks to feel treated like a chump. I think it's worth it for others to know my experience.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Marjorie Walsh, General Manager at Hotel Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I would like to start by extending my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced with the handling of your package during your stay with us. What you described is not reflective of the level of service we aim to provide, and I understand how this situation could have soured your overall impression of our hotel.

It's disheartening to hear that our staff's response to the issue was not as helpful or empathetic as it should have been. We strive to resolve any issues that arise promoptly and professionally, and I'm truly sorry that we fell short in this instance.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and please know that we take your comments seriously. Your experience is important to us, and we value your perspective as it helps us improve our services. I understand that you nay feel disappointed and frustrated by the lack of follow-up from our management team. Rest assured, your feedback will receive the attention it deserves. We want to make things right and regain your trust as a valued guest.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with the excellent service you deserve.

Reviewed November 30, 2023

Clean and quiet. Comfortable bed--more so than many hotels. Very helpful front desk. Well located in PDX. For those who remember, this hotel started in early 1900s as the Mallory. Charming and reasonable price.

Room tip: Breakfast at Gracie's in the hotel was so good we ate both breakfasts there.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2023

Stayed overnight at Hotel Deluxe and loved it! We arrived fairly late after a very long flight and the staff made us feel right at home and so relaxed. The check in was a breeze and the room was very clean and welcoming. Very comfortable bed and ample amenities in the bathroom. We got a light snack and drink at the Driftwood Room and that staff was also terrific. The hotel’s in a great location and easy to walk to restaurants, shopping, and the river front if you want a bit more of a walk. Many places in PDX are sketchy but this hotel’s in a nice part of town so no problem with homeless people, trash, drugs. I’d definitely recommend this location if you’r traveling to or through PDX.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 16, 2023

The big thing that ruined this hotel for me was the fact that there were fees that weren't included in the cost of the reservation. I read online that parking was free but when I showed up I was told that the parking garage (that was owned by the hotel) was an additional $40 per night and there wasn't any where to park otherwise. the bathroom was cramped, it felt like that bathroom was an afterthought during renovations and packed in whatever they could for a bathroom. While I don't think that my room was advertised as ADA accessible, it felt weird that they actively made the room not accessible by adding a step to get in to the bathroom. The room was small and while the point of the stay isn't to stay in the room, it didn't feel like I was in a hotel room, it felt more to me like I was in one of the capsule hotels. I was looking for a place to frequent as I need frequent reservations for work but for the surprise cost, I can say that I will actively discourage anyone I know from staying here.

Trip type: Traveled on business