Free cancellation until 07/27
US$222
US$204
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$251/night.

2,476 results
All reviewsvoodoo donutssaturday marketevening receptionomelet barhappy hourhomeless peoplehistoric buildingmade to order omeletscorner suitecomplimentary breakfastvalet parkingself parkliving roomwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelstumptown coffeebeautiful lobby
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I booked our bedroom suite through the Hilton website. I checked on rate periodically, and surprisingly rate kept decreasing. Weather was most likely a factor in the rate, it was drizzling majority of our two-night stay. We took the MAX red line from the airport, exited Skidmore Fountain Station and walked a few blocks to the hotel. Room was spacious with two large flat-screen televisions, dining room table, wet bar, mini-fridge and microwave. Our room was on the 8th floor and we had decent views of the city. The breakfasts were hot and plentiful, food re-stocked as needed.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LizLosAngeles
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is a older hotel but has been remodeled right in the middle of the down town area close to the river and all of local restaurant's. The staff was friendly the breakfast was good managers receptions was good Dave and the other bartender were very friendly. I styed on the 8th floor but my view was not great.

Room Tip: Try to get a River view or Downtown.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 24 March 2018

When I used to travel for business, I loved Embassy Suites, that's before they were bought by Hilton. The downtown Portland location is great for being in the heart of the city. The historic building is absolutely beautiful, museum quality.

We were traveling for a show at the Keller and with my father-in-law so we had a two room suite. The room was nicely refurbished for a 100+ year old building. Huge TV's everywhere, clean and the beds were good, not great.

Service was adequate, but nothing like I would expect paying $800 a night. Valets were OK, friendly but again, not what I expect. My father-in-law is 84 and uses a walker. They parked the car next to a sidewalk tree and I had to get in and move the car to get him in. OK somewhere else, but again, $800 a night.

They charged for everything as additions. Bottled water was provided in the room, at $4 a bottle. They charged for WiFi. I get free bottled water and WiFi at Holiday Inn Express and, "Slightly less" than $800 a night.

Breakfast, as usual at Embassy Suites was pretty amazing. The staff in the breakfast room were the best.

So, we would probably try a different downtown hotel on our next visit. I can't honestly compare prices, because I haven't stayed around downtown Portland, so it may be average or usual.

It is a beautiful building but so is the Portland Art Museum and I can just visit there.

That's my opinion, and it's just an opinion.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank 2Vegans2wheels
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Good location, close enough to the downtown area, the river & some good food spots.

The only thing I regretted was upgrading. When I checked in the lady asked if I wanted to upgrade to a suite because its worth it, blah blah. I was like sure why not at the moment. I instantly regretted when I checked in because I could've save some money since the non-suite would've been just fine with me. Ugh, my fault. Just prepare in case you get asked too in case you're too casual like me.

I've stayed in other portland hotels before that I prefer, but I wouldnt mind staying here if the price beats other places.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K B
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great stay. I always enjoy it here and it is very close to good nightclubs. Their complimentary breakfast is good with lots of variety. I enjoy their omelet station particularly. This was my second stay at this hotel and it did not disappoint.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends