All reviews rooftop restaurant convention center top floor boutique hotel valet parking light rail rose quarter max line red robin first floor rooms are modern city view walk in shower across the river bed was very comfortable convenient location lloyd center
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

It’s a modern and hipster hotel, close to the Convention Center and all kinds of public transportation. Their rooms are nice and clean. They have a Cafe downstairs, where you can get delicious breakfast and lunch at reasonable prices. And upstairs you can find a restaurant for lunch or dinner, and a bar. The outside sitting area is amazing and offers views of Portland downtown. Great location and awesome stay! Highly recommended. ❤️

Trip type: Traveled with family
Shanda W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Eastlund, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this admirable feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed both restaurants Citizen Baker and the roof top tavern Altabira along with our convenient location. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel is modern and beautiful. Booked a Jr suite. The views were beautiful. The room itself was very well furnished...authentic Eames chairs. Pointing this out to highlight the attention to detail. Staff was friendly and attentive as would be expected. I really enjoyed my stay. As a bonus, the coffee shop cafe on the first floor is great! The rooftop restaurant is also very cool. Good food and great view. Would make a great date night even if you’re not staying there. The location of the hotel is super convenient. Very central to downtown. You can take the train from PDX to a station across the street and vice versa. The hotel lobby has a schedule on a digital screen to make things easy. I’ll definitely stay there again when I return to Portland.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank yice33
Shanda W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Eastlund, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Wow! thank you for taking the time to leave us this fabulous review. We are thrilled you enjoyed our fun hip decor, bakery Citizen Baker & roof top tavern Altabira. Team Eastlund would love to see you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This is a nice, fairly new hotel decorated in a modern style. I had a Premier Downtown King (not a suite), which was a little on the small side but everything seemed new and in very good condition. The bathroom was also small but nice. One minor complaint is that the showers are done in a style common in Europe with floor-to-ceiling glass that goes only about 3/4 of the way to the back, leaving an open area to enter/exit the shower (see my photo). I find this kind of drafty, but it’s not a big deal. Bed was very comfortable, and the air conditioning was an in-ceiling unit that worked very well and had a modern thermostat. The closet was very small with room to hang only about 4 items.

There is a lot of noise outside the hotel with two large buildings being built (one on each side) and the light rail on one side. So there really isn’t a truly quiet side of the hotel. Even so, I didn’t have a problem with noise because the rooms are apparently well insulated and have double-pane windows. And I’m fairly picky about noise. I think both buildings are supposed to be finished sometime in 2019.

I ate three breakfasts and one lunch in the first floor cafe, “Citizen Baker,” which I thought was very good. I didn’t try the rooftop restaurant.

Valet parking was quick, and was the only realistic option for parking in the area. I didn’t mind the $25 daily charge.

I would definitely stay here again. If you are looking for a hotel with modern styling and a hipster vibe, I think you will like it too.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Shanda W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Eastlund, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review and healthy feedback. We take it to heart in bettering our facility and team. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This property is directly across the street from the convention center, really convenient. I’ve read complaints about the construction noise, that was nothing compared to the AC noise. Really comfortable bed, small room for the price, bathrobes were so nice, nice coffee supply, not nice cream and sugar. 6 coffee/2 cream and sugar, why? Shampoo/conditioner/body wash was ok, conditioner either empty or clogged. Nice mini fridge. After traveling all day I arrived at about 1am, as nice as the guy was, I just wanted to get to my room, not spend 20 minutes chatting and checking in.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Shanda W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Eastlund, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We take it to heart in bettering our facility and team. Your feedback will be addressed accordingly. We are pleased you enjoyed our location, comfy seally mattress, and luxurious robes. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We stayed in a real nice pair of suites. There were 4 of us so we ended up staying in adjacent suites. Rooms were clean, luxurious and also had charm - you could tell they put a lot of thought into furnishing the rooms. The location was excellent - across the street from the convention center, and the train station was literally across the street, making travel particularly easy from the airport. It also felt safe - elevators only permitted you to enter/exit on your floor, so harder for folks to be wandering around. Staff was very helpful, even at 4 in the morning when I had to take the train to get to the airport. Restaurant at top of hotel was pretty good; didn't try the bakery in the lobby though no doubt it would have been good too. Would definitely stay here again if I were to return to Portland.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. We are thrilled you enjoyed our charming suites and convenient location. Our Eastlund team thrives on providing our guest with top notch service and ensuring our guest feel safe. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.