1,427 results
All reviewsportland airportthe manager's receptioncooked to order breakfaston demandhappy houran early flightcomplimentary breakfastrental carliving roomfree shuttlecascade stationshuttle servicefitness centerrunwayatriumproximityfly
Reviewed 2 August 2018

This hotel is inside the entrance to the airport, which makes it very convenient for an early morning flight. The woman at the front desk was very nice and let us check in early. Our room was a little outdated, but very clean. The breakfast selections weren't as good at other Embassy Suites that we stayed at, but since we only stayed for one night, it didn't matter to us. They charge $15 for parking, which is something that I think should be free.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
KayleneH20, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Saluga,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found both our hotel and staff to your liking for the most part. I will share your feedback about the breakfast selection with our kitchen staff as we do want to make sure it is enjoyable for all our guests. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel several times in recent years. It’s a great airport location. On our most recent visit we were disappointed by the furnishings and carpet - it’s time to refurbish. Also, they now charge $15 per day to park, which they didn’t have last time we stayed. It’s over priced for current condition.

Stayed: July 2018

Billmai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Disappointed! We prefer to stay at Embassy Suites when we travel but this one is subpar. The rooms have an odd smell to them that I could not make out. Very out dated. Furniture is worn out and stained in the rooms, very uncomfortable to sit on and relax. Housekeeping was awful, never picked up our wet towels or replaced them, never made our beds, never took the trash. They only stocked the snack tray. I brought it up to the front desk after the first time this happened and the girl at the front apologized and I saw her make a note to have the room fully serviced the next day. Well then it happened again. I let them know and I then requested to have at least my parking validated, they were happy to do that for me. On our last day the room was finally serviced late in the evening. They offered more snacks to apologize, this seems to be their protocol. Breakfast is good, but they need staff to clean up during. They just leave all the tables full of dishes till breakfast is over, not appealing. I will not be returning here until they get at the minimum new carpet and furniture in the rooms. Front desk and buffet staff are very nice and at least tried to make things right with housekeeping. I recommend Embassy Suites downtown, that is where we usually stay but thought we would try being by the airport. Update rooms, get housekeeping to service rooms correctly, validate parking for those that stay in your hotel, and bus tables during breakfast and during managers reception and you will be a 4+ star hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Adam H

Adam H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms and our housekeeping service we have here. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a one night layover between flights. As a Diamond member I consider this hotel to be on par with other Embassy Suites on most key points.

My only issue and cause for concern is that the middle row shuttle seatbelt did not work. I scooted to the next seat and that seatbelt was also malfunctioning. When I asked the driver why, the response was that since the hotel was not required by law to fix them, the hotel chose not to fix them. I would like to believe this was an oversight and an incorrect statement by the driver, rather than a hotel willfully taking a minimalist approach to safety to save what only amounts to a few bucks.

That cost two stars in this review, which is mighty generous, and an assurance I will stay at another hotel in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank AustinTexn

AustinTexn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with our shuttle vans. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do have a new shuttle that was purchased and has been used since August 1st. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We have been staying at this Embassy for many years, not anymore. The rates have increased and the hotel and service have decreased. Hotel is very dated, air conditioning subpar, linens are worn, rooms smell, furniture is worn in the lobby. Bags of trash and dirty linen will sit in hallways for hours! They charge you for parking, they bring your room service food in takeout containers. Just not a pleasant stay. They keep saying that they will be renovating but seems like they have been saying that for years. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MinskiLu

MinskiLu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.