“Most awful restaurant experience ever”
Review of Cazadero

Cazadero
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Estacada
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant and saloon sits on the most angelic view of the Clackamas River in Estacada, OR. Passion is what we sell, right down to hand cut tender, mouth watering, fall apart steaks, to the fresh and local seafood, wine and beer. We guarantee 100% homemade food. Lottery, live music and entertainment weekly and monthly. Don't just take our word, come try us out!
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

So there was so much that went wrong I don't know where to start. First and foremost none of my complaints had anything to do with the poor waitress and bus girl. And 6 tables of people left after they ordered because they were so upset.
1) The place wasn't even half full and it took 2 hours for us to get our food after ordering. On to of 15 minutes to be seated.
2) Half of what we were given seemed to have been made Way before the rest if the meal.
3) My husband's ruben was so soggy it fell apart when he picked it up. But the bread was burnt. So basically it had been sitting so long it was burned but absorbed all the wetness on the plate. He sent it backand was so mad about waiting 2 hours for that that he chose to just eat with me. Because who knows how long another would take.
4) They were out of the sides we ordered so they gave us all tater tots without even asking if it was okay.
5) They brought me my dish. But only half the ingredients listed, were actually in it. And the bread was cold and super soggy! I was pretty upset but extremely hungry and had 2 children who've been starving for hours, wanting food too. So they told me that I wouldn't get charged and to just eat if i want it since we waited so long.
6) My father in laws soup was cold and his salad was wilted.
7) The lady manager at one point was screaming at the poor bus girl for a while. Blaming her for people leaving even though it had nothing yo do with her. Literally in the room right next to the dining area. I almost went in and got really mad because the girl was very young, sweet, and balling.
8) We were so mad and ready to get out of there. So we paid without seeing the bill. They brought us change without the bill and it was super short. The waitress explained that the manager refused to comp us for the pasta I ordered, and instead gave me $3 off a $17 pasta.
9) Then she left so I couldn't confront her about it!

I've been going there my whole life. I have never experienced such awful management in my life! I cannot even imagine how horrible the tips are for those ladies. They felt so bad and were so apatheti apologetic.
Something needs to change.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Sasha V

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We stopped here a couple weeks ago when it was closed, and vowed to come back. We came on a Saturday night. Went through the bar to the back room overlooking the river. Very nice view. They had a little introduction letter in the menu asking for patience as they work the kinks out of the new menu and staff. We had two different servers working our table, and between the two we were well waited on. I had the chicken carbonara fettuccini, which was rich and creamy delicious! Hubby had the prime rib dip. Our friends had a Caesar salad and a side of pan fried oysters, and the Matty Special, which was a HUGE sandwich, piled high with all kinds of meat. Everyone wanted to try my carbonara, and all agreed mine was the best out of all of them. We also started with fried zucchini, which I feel was done perfect. Crispy outside and tender to the bite on the inside. Also my cheddar broccoli was delicious.

They had a band playing that night. Wasn't my cup of tea, but it didn't interfere too much with our visiting.

I will be back, but it may be a while. We spent more than we usually do on a dinner out, but it was worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank OCKim
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Since my Facebook post was removed I’ll try it here. First I have been going to the Cazadero for over 28 years. Yes things have changed a lot in the past year. I never had a problem with the food/service with the first new owner. Some people I guess are just too hard to please. Now for the new owners; we went there Wednesday night. The place was busy, but we were seated quickly. Our waiter did a good job but first no ice in the water which was no big deal. Both our waiter and another server apologized for things being slow. The kitchen was getting slammed. They did bring us an order of Jalapeno Poppers on the house which we all appreciated. My brother and his girlfriend, who were visiting from out of town, both ordered the 12 ounce Ribeye Steak and loaded baked potatoes. They both said it was fine and really liked the fresh garlic saluted Asparagus. My wife had the fish and chips and was happy the portion size and the taste even though her Coleslaw was warm. I originally ordered the Ribs forgetting the smoker problem they had. I switched to a cup of chili and a Faraday burger. The server brought me a bowl of chili, which was fine. The chili was very good with just the right amount of spice. My hamburger was great even though I preferred the old version with Pastrami instead of Corned Beef. Overall I going to give our visit a B- and we will be going back again soon.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Took my neighbor to the Cazadero for breakfast this morning. We sat in the bar and enjoyed great service. Our Blood Mary's were quite tasty and we both got the Country Fried Steak. I have zero complaints about mine. Hot, fresh and more than I could finish. Not sure about some of the other reviews but I've been there 6-7 times since the new owner took over and while there have been a few minor issues I will continue to dine there. Also if any out there thinks that Sam and Nancy are going to be walking through that door anytime soon and rescue everyone I seriously doubt that will be happening.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped for breakfast and the menu was great. They give generous portions for a price that is competitive with other breakfast places. Their food was good, served quickly, and tasty. It kept me going for quite a few hours as I had a challenging construction project to do. The staff was very friendly and the smiles were genuine. This will be a repeat whenever we pass by again. Yum!

Date of visit: April 2018