“First time with new owners”
Review of Cazadero

Cazadero
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Estacada
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant and saloon sits on the most angelic view of the Clackamas River in Estacada, OR. Passion is what we sell, right down to hand cut tender, mouth watering, fall apart steaks, to the fresh and local seafood, wine and beer. We guarantee 100% homemade food. Lottery, live music and entertainment weekly and monthly. Don't just take our word, come try us out!
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We stopped here a couple weeks ago when it was closed, and vowed to come back. We came on a Saturday night. Went through the bar to the back room overlooking the river. Very nice view. They had a little introduction letter in the menu asking for patience as they work the kinks out of the new menu and staff. We had two different servers working our table, and between the two we were well waited on. I had the chicken carbonara fettuccini, which was rich and creamy delicious! Hubby had the prime rib dip. Our friends had a Caesar salad and a side of pan fried oysters, and the Matty Special, which was a HUGE sandwich, piled high with all kinds of meat. Everyone wanted to try my carbonara, and all agreed mine was the best out of all of them. We also started with fried zucchini, which I feel was done perfect. Crispy outside and tender to the bite on the inside. Also my cheddar broccoli was delicious.

They had a band playing that night. Wasn't my cup of tea, but it didn't interfere too much with our visiting.

I will be back, but it may be a while. We spent more than we usually do on a dinner out, but it was worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank OCKim

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Since my Facebook post was removed I’ll try it here. First I have been going to the Cazadero for over 28 years. Yes things have changed a lot in the past year. I never had a problem with the food/service with the first new owner. Some people I guess are just too hard to please. Now for the new owners; we went there Wednesday night. The place was busy, but we were seated quickly. Our waiter did a good job but first no ice in the water which was no big deal. Both our waiter and another server apologized for things being slow. The kitchen was getting slammed. They did bring us an order of Jalapeno Poppers on the house which we all appreciated. My brother and his girlfriend, who were visiting from out of town, both ordered the 12 ounce Ribeye Steak and loaded baked potatoes. They both said it was fine and really liked the fresh garlic saluted Asparagus. My wife had the fish and chips and was happy the portion size and the taste even though her Coleslaw was warm. I originally ordered the Ribs forgetting the smoker problem they had. I switched to a cup of chili and a Faraday burger. The server brought me a bowl of chili, which was fine. The chili was very good with just the right amount of spice. My hamburger was great even though I preferred the old version with Pastrami instead of Corned Beef. Overall I going to give our visit a B- and we will be going back again soon.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Took my neighbor to the Cazadero for breakfast this morning. We sat in the bar and enjoyed great service. Our Blood Mary's were quite tasty and we both got the Country Fried Steak. I have zero complaints about mine. Hot, fresh and more than I could finish. Not sure about some of the other reviews but I've been there 6-7 times since the new owner took over and while there have been a few minor issues I will continue to dine there. Also if any out there thinks that Sam and Nancy are going to be walking through that door anytime soon and rescue everyone I seriously doubt that will be happening.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped for breakfast and the menu was great. They give generous portions for a price that is competitive with other breakfast places. Their food was good, served quickly, and tasty. It kept me going for quite a few hours as I had a challenging construction project to do. The staff was very friendly and the smiles were genuine. This will be a repeat whenever we pass by again. Yum!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I have heard people say they don't have a good reputation in the food quality. I am not looking for fine dining when I go there, so I think it's just fine. The view can't be beat, and that is why I come. The Clackamas river is right outside and there is a waterfall running during part of the year. The best I have had here was their seafood basket with fried clams, fish, and shrimp. Their shrimp Louie is also good, but has the smaller shrimp. The fish is just okay, mostly because they tend to cook it until it is leather. The value is good for the seafood basket and Louie. The dinner prices are average. I love the wait staff here, they are very kind.

Date of visit: January 2018