All reviews lands end ocean front duraflame log haystack rock middle of town shops and restaurants jetted tub full kitchen one bedroom suite sofa bed first floor per night across the street wonderful stay wonderful location great view kitchenette
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Beware of this Hotel!!!
After paying over 300.00+taxes and pet deposit, we were wrongly accused of an accident by our small dog...charged 35.00!!
I had checked all rooms before we left, took off bedding and towels were placed in the tub! I was also told someone tried to clean the urine mess up!!! Such a lying manager!!! I know how hard the maids work without a living wage, so I try to help as much as I can! No I didn't have any extra money to leave for them, although I did leave some cookies. I've never spent that much money for an overnight stay, it was a extra treat for us! We did go to the information center and left our complaint with them!!
Advice to others...take pictures of the rooms before leaving!!
By the way, the room was a big disappointment !!!!! The beautiful ocean was not, although!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Glenda S
landsendatcb, Manager at Land's End at Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Glenda S,
Our experienced housekeeping staff entered your Oceanfront Suite shortly after your departure. What they discovered was a large wet stain between the bed and window in the bedroom of the suite along with one of our guest towels with a large yellow stain lying next to it. I was called to the room immediately to assess the mess and there was very little doubt as to the origin of the stain.
There are two sections of our "Dog Policy" (which you were provided a copy of and signed) that I would call your attention to: Section 4 - Owners are responsible for any pet damage to hotel property (chewing, scratching, digging,soiled carpet, etc..) and any incident related to their pet's behavior (personal injury). This is not covered by they nightly pet fee.
Section 9 - If your dog has an unfortunate accident in the room please let the front desk know immediately so we can assist in cleaning it properly.
I have been the Manager here at Land's End for 9+ years and it gives me no pleasure at all to charge additional fees for problems related to our guests pets. It is a rare occurrence that certainly does not cover the time, effort and expense that our housekeeping staff expends in providing a great beachfront experience for our guests and their dogs.
We wish you well in your future travels.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

There are more expensive hotels closer to Haystack Rock but this has the best of everything. It was only a 20 minute walk on the beach to Haystack and you could see it easily from our beach section. I think our beach section had more interesting things such as watching high tide come up and fill the canal area, and you could access another beach to the north during low tide. Plus there are so many restaurants within a 2 block radius of the hotel. There is an awesome smokehouse bar/restaurant right across the street. We had room 30 which is on the dead end street side with an ocean view and nice breezes as we had the patio door open almost all day and night. No noise from the street to worry about. Room had sofa bed and King in the bedroom. Room was updated and was very spacious with a kitchenette. Check in staff was wonderful. Highly recommend staying at this hotel and on this end of town.

Room tip: Great value to have the ocean view yet still quiet on street side.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Paula M
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Every year, we participate in Oregon's Corgi Beach Day, which benefits the Humane Society. Every year, we return to Land's End (so very pet-friendly). This year, we brought the parents.

First, I have a new favorite room. Like previous rooms, it is on the first floor, facing the ocean, and has direct access to the patio. However, since it was updated about 2 years ago, I can only say that one of my previous reviews, one in which I bashed the spongy bed, is not longer valid. The room was wonderful, and the bed was GREAT!

The parents were next to us (also first floor, ocean view, on the patio). Their room was also updated and the bed very comfortable.

I would also add that the people who run and work at this hotel are some of the nicest, most accomodating people you will ever meet. It's why we have already booked rooms for the same event next year.

Although the hotel has no restaurants and such, it is but a block or two walk to the main drag. You can find everything you need (and some stuff you don't) there.

Room tip: Pick the front to watch the ocean and sunsets. However, our off-beach suite had a king bed, which we prefer to the queen.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel room is clean, plenty of room. Queen suite has everything you need full coffeemaker(12 cups), microwave, stove/oven. Bathroom is large with jetted bathtub. No maid service for short stays. The hotel provides clean towels/washcloths. Our room walked directly out onto Oceanside deck and stairs to ocean. Haystack rock is viewable and a short walk from the hotel room.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Many many choices at Cannon Beach. This is older but well kept. Hotel. Had room 21 with a side view of the ocean. You hear a lot of street noise during the day, but none at night. Queen bed was ok, pillows are hard. But nice room with a fireplace & they give you a log to light everyday. Which I really enjoyed. Heater in the bathroom. Nice clean bathroom with shower stall. Big TV over the fireplace. Staff nice & helpful. Free parking. Can walk to food places & shops. Can walk on the beach to haystack rock. It is always down the beach, but I love walking on the beach. Bring a warm clothes it is cold in the evening & mornings.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple