“Confusing meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street / 23
Transit: COTA Bus Service - Worthington Square Mall
Description: Worthington, OH is full of great attractions: The McConnell Arts Center, the historic Orange Johnson House, the Old Rectory, and everybody's favorite Italian restaurant, Buca di Beppo! As the top destination for delicious Italian pastas, entrees, and pizzas,
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Drove up on a Tuesday night early, and the lot was empty. Saw a few people carry out food. Went in and they were seating people. So I got a table for 1, only a few diners in the place. The waiter, Thomas cam up and said this is a family meal place, large portions. I thought about leaving at that point, confusing. I told him after a 7 hour drive I want a beer, spaghetti and a meatball. He said the kitchen could make a lunch meal. Wonderful. It came out fast, had medium flavor. That cost me $22.00.
Wish I would have made another choice.

Date of visit: September 2021
Buca di Beppo, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate you taking the time to write to us and are sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your recent visit. Please know that your feedback will be shared with our management team in an effort to improve future guest experiences. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Write a reviewReviews (160)

Reviewed 24 March 2021

We got the $50 family meal deal which came with a pan of spaghetti and meatballs, 2 small loaves of bread (no butter) and a Caesar salad. The salad was tasty, but everything else was awful. The pasta had barely any sauce on it, and what it did have tasted like they opened a can of unsalted stewed tomatoes and dumped it on top. Could not taste any onion, garlic, basil, fennel or anything. The meatballs were enormous but similarly bland. Overall, I'm glad I had a gift card because if I had paid for this meal, I would have asked for a refund.

Date of visit: March 2021
Buca di Beppo, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2021

We apologize your meal did not meet your expectations. Our guests' feedback is highly valuable to us and will be shared with our management team in an effort to improve future guest experiences. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

Buca di Beppo sent me a coupon for $20 off a $40 order. I placed a pickup order for $45 and applied the promo code from the coupon but the website did not deduct the $20 from the bill. I immediately called the restaurant and cancelled the order. They said it would take "4 or 5 days" for them to credit my credit card. Four weeks later the charge is still on my credit card. I have called Buca's headquarters and left messages (they NEVER answer the phone) at least 3 times but they have not responded. I then had to call my credit card company to dispute the charge. All in all, a royal pain in the butt. Terrible service.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Steven C H
Reviewed 21 December 2020

Ordered online the night before for a 3pm pick up. We didn’t get our food until 3:22. Didn’t get our entire order. Spent over $150 and didn’t get one of our entrees or our bread!
Portions we did get were small, especially dessert.

Date of visit: December 2020
3  Thank slpsomm
Reviewed 11 October 2020

Their marinara sauce tastes fabulous. Five stars for it. Other people have complained that it is not thick enough. I don't mind it being a little runny because of the wonderful taste.

If you order spaghetti, it is precooked and just warmed up for you. When a restaurant does that, the spaghetti is always a little watered. I won't buy spaghetti there again.

Their baked dishes tend to be dry because they do not put enough of that fabulous sauce on them. So I don't buy baked dishes, either.

Service can be good, or it can be atrocious. (Two young men vanishing for 20 minutes after they take an order, and not even bringing water during that time.)

Any more, I just buy their marinara sauce to go. It is reasonable, compared with their meal prices (about $8/quart). I make my own spaghetti and enjoy their wonderful sauce with it!

Date of visit: August 2020
bucadibeppotripadvis, Marketing at Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review as our customer's feedback is very important to us. We will be sure to share your thoughts with our team. We hope you come back again.