“If you want slow service and cold food not prepared to order, then this is the place for you!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #47 of 93 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Walked in at 6:30 left after 8:00. The place wasn't crowded at all, it was a Tuesday evening.

10-15 minutes before a drink order was taken, another 15 plus before the food order was taken.

When the food finally arrived, steaks were over cooked and not even warm. I would expect a whole lot more for a $28 steak dinner. Other food was warm at best. We had been on a family outing all day and were tired and hungry. Too hungry to even send the food back (which is what I should have done).

The staff seemed too busy horsing around with little care taken to the people coming in to eat.

Watched at least two tables walk out because of poor service before a drink order was taken.

Management needs to wake up before they are forced to close the place.

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Waitress immediately apologized that she was slow because coming back from surgery. We weren't in hurry and patiently waited. Another customer came to our table to complain that there was paper in her salad. We got Texas rose appetizer which is like onion petals. It wasn't completely cut so only able to eat half of it. When food was served mashed potatoes were cold. Broccoli cheese casserole consisted of dry broccoli florets with a little shredded cheese on it. While steaks were cooked to proper temperature; they weren't steakhouse quality. To summarize poor service and poor quality food. I indicated such on receipt with phone number if wanted input. Waitress left message on phone with all her health concerns. I hope she feels better but her sitting and talking on her phone seemed to contribute to poor service.

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Filet prepared exactly as ordered - juicy and tender, medium. Huge baked potato and generous amount of steamed broccoli. Could not have had better service.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

I was very disappointed to find the bone in steaks were not part of the menu. No firecracker shrimp, No asparagus. After I got through this the meal was very good.
But not excellent..

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We wanted a simple quick dinner, late on a Sunday (2000). There were only 2 or 3 other occupied tables and maybe 2 guys at the bar. So, my rolls were cold and flattened. My server asked me to upsize my beer and I said sure. She brought back a small, I said you had talked me into a large what happened? She said she was so sorry walked over to the bar in my sight, the bar tender dumped the small into a tall glass, making a huge head on a bud light, then tried to add beer to the glass. I guess the keg was out so my waitress brought the small beer back in a tall glass with all of the head and said they were going to change the keg, but they were just going to give me thst while they did. Well, that never happened and she later tried to sell me another beer when I drank my now flat smaller beer in a tall glass. So, meanwhile it seemed like there was at least 8 folks working there just idling around doing nothing productive. It took at least 20 minutes for my wife and I to get our salad. My salad was wrong, as I ordered the "steakhouse salad" and they brought me a wedge salad, but I was hungry and waited long enough. No discount provided on the dinner. The only reason I didn't flatline the stars and give one is because the waitress was friendly and the food tasted ok.