“Best Cracker Barrel experience since Covid ”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Mansfield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here on the way home from Cleveland. We had almost given up on getting a good meal at a Cracker Barrel however we were pleasantly surprised. I had meat loaf and my wife had the trout. Both were really good. Service was great. Britney did an awesome job! Food and service were great! Glad to see a Cracker Barrel getting back to normal!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed 26 June 2020 via mobile

We were traveling during COVID 19 and thankfully this place was open and had dine in service. We went there for two nights since not much else was open. Both times the staff was very busy and still polite and kept up all of their tables.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 19 February 2020

We were on a road trip and feeling hungry for some home town food. The Der Dutchman up the road was closed so we decided to stop here. I'm guessing a few other travelers had the same idea because the place was packed.

We had a 10 minute wait which wasn't as bad as I expected. We toured the quirky gift shop which is a must do at any Cracker Barrel. Our seats weren't too bad, but we did feel that the tables were packed a little too close together.

DH got pancakes. DD1 got the Shrimp Dinner. DD2 got the Sunrise Sampler. I got the Southern Fried Chicken. DH was pleased with his meal. He loves their pancakes. DD1 thought the breading on the Shrimp was too thick and peppery. DD2 liked everything except her eggs. She said they were overdone. I didn't like the breading on my chicken. It wasn't really southern style. It was like DD1's shrimp. Overly breaded and way too peppery. (Note: I love black pepper and put it on everything. For me to say too peppery means it is really peppery.)

Service was slow, but I don't blame the wait staff. They were really on the ball. I think the kitchen was backed up from way too many customers.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 15 January 2020

We travel back and forth between Columbus and western Pa. to visit family and have stopped here previously. We were a grounp of six and waited a while for a table. Our server was busy with others so we waited even more time to be served. We wanted to order drinks and food together but our server suggested that we do drinks first and order second. Our drinks came out but our server had to take care of another table first and they ordered drinks and food at the same time. Then after taking that order to the kitchen, she came back to take our food order. More time to wait.
Our food was hit and miss. My eggs were ordered over easy but arrived very hard.
My wife's cole slaw she ordered with her fried chicken was sour and she just put it aside and said nothing to our server who was very busy with others. Our drinks were gone and asking for refills took quite and effort.
The manager brought me new over easy eggs and said nothing about the rest of my food which was now cold.
Not a good way to run a restaurant. Some of our meals should have been at no cost.
It really puts a sour note on your day when this happens.
Will probably find somewhere else to eat next trip through there.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 27 December 2019 via mobile

Consistency! A one word description. My wife and I stop with family during our annual sojourn to Mansfield. We were quickly greeted and seated in the fairly busy dinning area this Boxing Day. Though we arrived at 11:00 in the morning we all opted for the breakfast menu. I was pleased to find that there were some moderate calorie options available. My wife had a one egg scramble with sausage and a side of fried apples. I opted for a slightly healthier alternative, scrambled egg whites, turkey sausage, sliced tomatoes, fruit cup, and grits. OK grits aren’t healthy but boy were they good! Our server Michelle was outstanding keeping our coffees and water filled! Thank you! All in all it was a great visit and we shopped a little as we departed. I’m sure will visit again before we head back to SoCal after the new year!

Date of visit: December 2019