“A great way to explore the bay”

Freycinet Adventures
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Coles Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Freycinet! Tasmaia's greatest sea kayaking destination The Freycinet Paddle- explore the breathtaking coastline of Freycinet National Park by sea kayak on this relaxed guided, award winning tour. Listed #4 Things to do before you die, in Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I did the 3 hour tour starting at 9am and after an initial safety and padding demonstration we were on our way across the bay. As a novice kayaker I found the kayaks to be very stable and they have a rudder to help you navigate your way around. We stopped at several points around the bay where the guides would conduct talks about the region and it's history. About 2 hours in we got to stretch our legs and have some morning tea on a secluded beach. It was a relaxed and very enjoyable experience.

Susan C, Owner at Freycinet Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thanks Darren- aren't the double kayaks great. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our experience, wishing you safe travels,Susan.

All reviews
"great kayaking"
"muirs beach"
"secluded beach"
in 12 reviews
"white bellied sea eagle"
"local area"
in 7 reviews
"honeymoon bay"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Very well organised tour.
Competent and well informed guides catered for any fitness level and gave a really interesting guide to the features and history of the shoreline.
The kayaks were much better quality and easier to handle/steer than most similar trips I have been on.
We were lucky to have a flat calm day, so were able to easily cover quite a lot of distance.
Evening/twilight tour definitely recommended.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

3 hours of sea kayaking with a great guide with happy teenagers at the end. Result. Simon was a relaxed and experienced guide; they had checked our experience level from the online form we had completed so started heading out in some wind and then headed round the bay taking in the sights whilst being informed of the history and stories about the area. The highlight for us adults was watching two sea eagles feasting on a kill and for the kids the cookies at the beach stop and the kayaking across the bay. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I've had an awful experience with Freycinet adventures.

I booked this tour as a surprise for my girlfriends 21st birthday present whilst on our 2 day tour of Freycinet National Park. Because of my work hours I could only email the company to book during my short work breaks, I emailed the manager to ask for a travel agent discount which they said would be applied to my booking. I then called the company the next morning and they created my reservation and took all of my card details for Thursday 25/01. I then received an email 5 days later saying my discount was added and another reservation was created for 24/01 which baffled me as I had already confirmed for the Thursday kayak session. Because this was emailed to me so close to the tour starting, I panicked and had to tell my girlfriend to call the company and sort the confusion out, ruining her surprise in the process because I couldn't call during mine and Freycinet Adventures' work hours.

On the day of the tour, my girlfriend and I drove from Hobart to be in Freycinet for 4.30pm to be ready for 5.30pm tour. I then received a call from the tour company at 4.45pm, that the conditions were too windy and had to be cancelled. I then asked if we could be moved to the next morning tour and they said this was full. All their other alternatives meant that our other travel plans would be affected.

Even though this company probably would have given us a good tour, I felt messed about, leaked my girlfriends 21st surprise and cancelling 45 minutes before starting were all severe disappointments.

Susan C, General Manager at Freycinet Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi Armon. We are sorry to hear that your birthday surprise didn't go to plan. I have reviewed your reservation and are confident our reception staff and guiding staff have done their best to accommodate your requests.We appreciate you were keen to keep your booking a surprise however complications with your working hours etc are out of our hands. We understand last minute cancellations of our tours aren't perfect and we try to avoid them.However, you can appreciate we operate in the outdoors and your safety and comfort are our primary concern.At times the weather conditions simply do not go to forecast. When this occurs we do our very best to offer your alternate tour times when available- January is a popular month to visit Freycinet. We are sure working within the travel industry you can appreciate sometimes things like weather are out of our hands.Hopefully you will understand the weather was awful, not our handling of your experience. Happy travels, Freycinet Adventures.