“What service!”

Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Walgett
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We were en route by car from Melbourne to Roma, via 3 days in Canberra (separate review) and knowing the highways well from previous trips over the years, decided to look at Walgett, on TripAdvisor.

The Coolabah was an easy choice for our one night stay, and Claudia welcomed us warmly, outlining the dining options for a Sunday night, and giving us the access code for the very acceptable free wifi.

We went Chinese, had a very quiet and comfortable night and left early the next morning. Only to find that:
1) My cherished Kathmandu vest, and fleece were not where they should be, on the back seat.
2) I had a left message from Claudia, at the Coolabah, on my now in range again mobile..
So I phoned, knowing what the message would be while wondering what I would do about it as we certainly had no time to retrace our steps to Walgett, and I had pre-booked accommodation for a coastal route return to Melbourne.
No problem, Claudia said she would forward the miscreant garments to a family member on the Sunshine Coast with Auspost, and only 3 days later they were there, waiting for us, at very modest cost.

And it was all done in such a friendly, efficient manner. We were most impressed.

So would we recommend the Coolabah as an excellent halh way house on the Castlereagh? Absolutely!! ;-)

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be quiet. A regular customer truckie whom we met was very complimentary.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
coid1974, Owner at Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for such a glowing review. We enjoyed having you and your wife stay with us on your trip to visit your family. It was my pleasure to re connect you with your lost garments which you treasure and glad they made it safely to your daughters place. We look forward to welcoming you again should you travel again through Walgett.

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this little motel for 2 nights. No it wasn't flash, posh or 5-star but it was clean, cheap and comfortable. The bed in our room was very comfortable and shower recess clean, trust me I have stayed in dearer places and wished I had a pair of flip flops for the fear of getting some foot growth!! The owners were absolutely gorgeous, down to earth friendly people and all I can say for the price you can't complain and therefore have based my rating on the factors I have discussed. Want something flash, keep driving and watch out for the kangaroos.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2017

Found this place on google, was reasonably priced clean comfortable room.
Excellent staff. peaceful and quiet.was easy to get to and the parking is grat and secure. Would stay again when we travel through.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

Found this motel was a great hidden gem the staff were friendly my main compliment would have to be that it was very clean which is something that makes my stay regardless of where the stop over it - so over all clean / friendly helpful staff and had a fab beaky to kick us off in the morning would recommend this motel to others we drove past for sure !

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2017

We stayed overnight while driving from Brisbane to Adelaide with our two young kids. The staff were very friendly and helpful from the initial phone booking on. The family room was clean and provided all that we needed. The kids room was spacious with four single beds. The other room was limited in how the double bed and kitchen facilities could be fitted in so a bit squishy but fine for overnight. Appreciated the included wifi.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family

Been to Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW? Share your experiences!