Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW
Sonja's Bed & Breakfast(Lightning Ridge)
US$113
US$107
US$85
  • Pool
All reviewsshower recessfree wifidouble bedbedskangaroosmelbourne
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Found this motel was a great hidden gem the staff were friendly my main compliment would have to be that it was very clean which is something that makes my stay regardless of where the stop over it - so over all clean / friendly helpful staff and had a fab beaky to kick us off in the morning would recommend this motel to others we drove past for sure !

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2017

We stayed overnight while driving from Brisbane to Adelaide with our two young kids. The staff were very friendly and helpful from the initial phone booking on. The family room was clean and provided all that we needed. The kids room was spacious with four single beds. The other room was limited in how the double bed and kitchen facilities could be fitted in so a bit squishy but fine for overnight. Appreciated the included wifi.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Not a lot of options , but motel room very clean, comfortable bed good pillows, partly updated unit, not much floor space but as just overnight ok.Price rates are high but I guess captured market. Breakfast hearty and generous.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed ok from outside observation.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2016

After a long day driving it was the perfect stop for the night. Reasonably priced and with secure parking, it was a great place to relax for the evening. As it turned out, over my 4 days of traveling across the country, it had the most comfortable bed on the whole trip. John the Manager was friendly. Not a lot of options for places to eat in Walgett though

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank ozikiwi68
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 18 years ago and looked to book in to the same place again on this trip.
Booked through Wotif for a work trip. Booking was confirmed by Wotif on 18 th of the month and there was 3 available rooms at that time.
When I got here the property manager said he didn't have my booking but at the same time a NSW Government minister (my client!) arrived to check in to 3 rooms.
I reckon my booking was bumped to make way for the high profile group of 3.
Manager was rude and unapologetic.
Deeply disappointed.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Ben W
coid1974, Owner at Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Hi Ben

I am sorry for the trouble you had when you booked on a 2nd party website for our motel.

Unfortunately we have no control on knowing when a booking comes through unless booked online and then we receive a notification for the reservation.

We have no idea when bookings are made if guests are high profile as you mentioned, we take all bookings made and we do not "bump" bookings for others.

We have looked into the bookings and all we received for that date was the 3 bookings mentioned, if there is only 3 room allotments to book then that would be the maximum bookings that could be made.

We have contacted the website accommodation host and there were only reservations made for the 3 rooms as mentioned.

I would highly suggest following this up through the booking agent you used to see why the booking wasn't sent to the motel, as we can't get that information only that there isn't or wasn't a reservation made.

It might also be a good idea even if booking online (as I do) to still contact the property to confirm reservation prior to travel.

Kind Regards