Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Walgett Motel(Walgett)
View Hotel
The Wallangulla Motel(Lightning Ridge)
Bluey Motel(Lightning Ridge)
View Hotel
Black Opal Motel(Lightning Ridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsshower recessfree wifidouble bedbedskangaroosmelbourne
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Not a lot of options , but motel room very clean, comfortable bed good pillows, partly updated unit, not much floor space but as just overnight ok.Price rates are high but I guess captured market. Breakfast hearty and generous.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed ok from outside observation.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2016

After a long day driving it was the perfect stop for the night. Reasonably priced and with secure parking, it was a great place to relax for the evening. As it turned out, over my 4 days of traveling across the country, it had the most comfortable bed on the whole trip. John the Manager was friendly. Not a lot of options for places to eat in Walgett though

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank ozikiwi68
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 18 years ago and looked to book in to the same place again on this trip.
Booked through Wotif for a work trip. Booking was confirmed by Wotif on 18 th of the month and there was 3 available rooms at that time.
When I got here the property manager said he didn't have my booking but at the same time a NSW Government minister (my client!) arrived to check in to 3 rooms.
I reckon my booking was bumped to make way for the high profile group of 3.
Manager was rude and unapologetic.
Deeply disappointed.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Ben W
coid1974, Owner at Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Hi Ben

I am sorry for the trouble you had when you booked on a 2nd party website for our motel.

Unfortunately we have no control on knowing when a booking comes through unless booked online and then we receive a notification for the reservation.

We have no idea when bookings are made if guests are high profile as you mentioned, we take all bookings made and we do not "bump" bookings for others.

We have looked into the bookings and all we received for that date was the 3 bookings mentioned, if there is only 3 room allotments to book then that would be the maximum bookings that could be made.

We have contacted the website accommodation host and there were only reservations made for the 3 rooms as mentioned.

I would highly suggest following this up through the booking agent you used to see why the booking wasn't sent to the motel, as we can't get that information only that there isn't or wasn't a reservation made.

It might also be a good idea even if booking online (as I do) to still contact the property to confirm reservation prior to travel.

Kind Regards

Claudia

Reviewed 5 July 2016

This motel is very old and tired but is one of the better ones in Walgett. I thought the room rate of $102.00 was very pricey for what you get but I suppose they have a captured market with only a small number of motels in the town. Had dinner from the local chinese which was very ordinary. The room was clean but tired, bed was ok just, and the shower was alright. AC is an old rattler type and woke me up at 3.00am. The staff were very friendly, breakfast was ok but I just cannot get used to being shut in at 8.00pm so I won't be staying in Walgett again.

Room Tip: Keep driving past Walgett and stay in Bourke
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business

Hi David

Please be aware that our secure gates on the property are easily accessed with keys for guests to come and go as they please.

We are continuing to upgrade rooms and always welcome feedback to be able to enhance our guests experience.

Claudia

Reviewed 23 June 2016

The lady in the office was really nice but that was the only positive. There is limited accommodation in Walgett but even considering that, the room we stayed in is not worth the nightly rate. The rooms are very small, noisy and have thin walls. The car park is crowded and not every room has a parking space. Fine for us as it wasn't very full at the time but it would be an issue if all the rooms were booked. We wouldn't stay there again. We'd skip the whole town to be honest and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
coid1974, Owner at Coolabah Motel Walgett NSW, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Thank you for your response.

I'm glad you had a pleasant experience with staff at our motel.

Yes Walgett is an old town in outback NSW. Whist we have made every effort to upgrade our rooms, the existing building was built in the 70's.

We have 18 rooms and every room has it's own car space - so every room can park one vehicle in from of their room.

We also have a 1/2 acre lot next to rooms 14-18 for secondary vehicles, boats, trucks, campers etc so no one will ever not have secured parking.

Just in case you do pass through again we would be happy to accommodate you again