“Absolutely Disgusting!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Nundle
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Pizza, Fast Food, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Cafe Nundle on the Park. Eat In or Takeaway Hot or Cold Food. Hot or Cold Drinks, Coffee, Tea, Ice cream, Confectionery and FUEL (Unleaded or Diesel). OPEN 7 DAYS. Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat 8am - 5pm
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Today, we visited Cafe Nundle to have a nice lunch in the park, but we were left extremely disappointed. We ordered a wrap and a toasted sandwich, with a coffee also. The wrap was ordered to be a chicken, cheese and mayonnaise. Instead I received chicken, mayonnaise and lettuce with no cheese. The chicken tasted like cardboard, like it had been sitting in the shop for a year or so and it completely threw me off the wrap. The flat white was asked to have 3 sugars added and none were added at all! The toasted sandwich with just cheese, would you believe costed $8.00?! $8 for two pieces of bread with a slice of cheese?! Absolutely ridiculous! And to add to this, we waited a total time of 40 minutes for the food to be prepared! Yes, I understand that it is a small town and at times there is only one person operating the business, but 11am to 1pm is probably their busiest time as everyone is coming in for lunch, and when there is five or six customers waiting for food to be prepared all at once and one person preparing, it isn't going to get them their food quickly. There needs to be at least two people operating the cafe at lunch.
It costed around $50 - $55 for a flat white, a wrap, a toasted sandwich, and two drinks from the fridges. Overall, Cafe Nundle is an absolutely horrid place, definitely won't be buying food there again. I strongly recommend if you don't want to be ripped off, NEVER GO TO CAFE NUNDLE!

Marie and Jim A, Owner at Cafe Nundle on the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

I am disappointed that your experience was not what you had hoped for. I can't understand the costs you mention as I have calculated what should have been the cost and it should not have been more than $30.00 at most. The costs you mention for your wrap and toasted sandwich are not right according to our menu. If things were so wrong you should have said something to our member of staff on duty. Yes we did have one person rostered on but we always have a second person on standby to be called in at busy times. I can also assure you that our prep area is topped up at the start of each day and during the day as required to ensure that the food is as fresh as possible for our customers.I was in cafe during the lunch each day this week and did assist where possible. We also had someone in training which also could have added to the time taken to prepare orders during this period. Again my apologies to you.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Beaut lil cafe lovely service nice hot coffees in a quaint lil town an amazing drive from tamworth well worth it !

Marie and Jim A, Owner at Cafe Nundle on the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thankyou for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your coffee and our great little village

Reviewed 7 August 2017

During our recent stay at Nundle, we visited Cafe Nundle twice. The first was for lunch and we opted for a simple lunch with chips and gravy as I am gluten intolerant. I had no issues with the huge portion of chips and gravy and could not fault it. We did catch them at a busy time so waited a little time and they were fresh and hot when they arrived.
Our second visit was for breakfast and again we hit them at a busy time so had a little wait but it was well worth it. You have to remember this is not the rat race of the city. The big breakfast was a typical country big breakfast with two perfectly cooked eggs with runny yolks - just how I like it, on gluten free bread, a good portion of bacon, two sausages, sliced tomato and a hash brown. Yes that wasn't gluten free and they asked if it was ok for me to have before serving it. My partner had raisin toast and coffee. Both meals were perfect. I am a big of a coffee snob and it was fine. It isn't going to be as good as a good coffee shop in the city but still is fine.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We had lunch in this cafe while we were in Nundle. This is a country town cafe or what we call a milk bar or corner store in suburbia and if you come with the expectation that it is not going to be an inner city trendy cafe then you will not be disappointed. They had quite a large menu of standard milk bar food.

We ordered the works burger, the schnitzel burger, hot chips and gravy. The works burger was huge, everything was made to order except for the gravy. Burgers and chips were good. The only gripe I have is how the gravy was heated up. When I told the lady at the counter that the gravy was still cold, I wished she had reheated it in a proper bowl in the microwave instead of the takeaway container it was in because by microwaving in the plastic container the toxic chemicals in the plastic could have leached into the food. But that's just me and I'm sure many others wouldn't care.

Marie and Jim A, Owner at Cafe Nundle on the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thankyou for your comments regarding your recent visit to our cafe.I am pleased you enjoyed your food and I will take up your comment regarding the gravy with our staff members as you have made a very valid point. Please visit us again if you return to Nundle.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We were booked into Birches B&B and this is where you needed to go for breakfast.

We had the big breakfast the first morning - the eggs were over cooked. The sausage was very tough. The toast was half cooked on a greasy hot plate with starchy white bread. The coffee was very weak & milky with no crema. The second day were had scrambled eggs which were over beaten & tough. Toast was a little improved & the coffee even worse. The bacon was the best part of the breakfast on both days. I would not return.

Marie and Jim A, Owner at Cafe Nundle on the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

I am sorry Gayle that your recent breakfast experiences whilst staying in Nundle were not to your expectations. I did speak to both your husband and yourself on your departure and we did speak of some mitigating circumstances which did affect things whilst you were here. I have spoken to the people who served you and they wished you had voiced your concerns to them and they would have redone things for you. It is standard practice that this be done if customers are not satisfied. I did also voice my disappoint to you that you had not done this whilst at the cafe.