FindHotel
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews travel lodge petrol station room was clean burgess hill family room quiet location excellent stay comfortable hotel reception staff one night stay good nights sleep brighton pillows pub
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good location for direct route into Brighton with plenty of parking & restaurants/pubs nearby. Good friendly check in - Clean room, comfy beds! Also excellent service from management when I foolishly left something behind.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My only complaint, booked 3 rooms. 2 family and one double. Both the family rooms were not next to each other. Asked to be put either opposite or next to each other. As my son has asthma attack during our first night and needed rooms close by. Opposite rooms guest left so asked if I could get that room and I was told all rooms were booked. However other than us no one was in the rooms on our floor. Supervisor did not accommodate us and didn't seem to want to help us. Not friendly at all.

Other than that rooms were comfortable and clean and housekeeper was nice. Customer service could be better.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff were outside smoking at front of hotel when arriving, had to wait 15 minutes to be seen to. Beds were rock hard, pillows like a sack of coal. I felt ripped off for £100, hotel felt dirty and I’m not normally one to moan but geeze wouldn’t go back again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels worldwide from basic to luxurious, but the standard of customer service and friendliness here is second to none. Dalton (or Darlton) was on reception. Wow he is an absolute asset to Travelodge. He welcomed us with smiles, gave us very helpful information, was incredibly friendly and such a lovely young man. I honestly cannot praise him enough. He went above and beyond to make our stay much more pleasant. After driving throughout the night, feeling very tired, he made us feel relaxed.

It was explained that there was a fan in the room and that if we needed anything or had any queries, he'd be very happy to help. An iron and ironing board are available from reception if needed.

I kid you not, even the lady that was cleaning the rooms was extremely friendly and helpful.

After a year of people avoiding others, these two were particularly a breath of fresh air!

The shower was good and powerful. There was a bath in the room.

Lighting in the room was decent, so I didn't struggle to put make up on.

Adequate towels and pillows were available. The bed was beautifully comfortable. Our room (33) overlooked the car park. Two windows opened. It was very quiet all night.

Tea and coffee was in the room.

We didn't use the TV, but it was there.

Parking was very easy. There is a grubby Starbucks next door, in stark contrast to this very clean Travelodge. There is hand gel available at various points. Everything is sparkling!

I will most definitely be staying at this Travelodge again. It is close enough to Brighton to drive in daily.

I honestly cannot praise the superior service here enough. Excellent.

Thank you. I'll be returning.

Very highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Q9144ZYmariad
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Arrived very late at night. Had a warm friendly welcome from the lady on reception.
Our room was clean. Bathroom was clean. Plenty of towels and they were fine to use.
The bed was comfy and there was spare pillows for those who need more than one.
There is a TV with a large variety of channels.
There is 2 fabric chairs in the room also.
It was a basic hotel but we had a pleasant stay with no issues at all and were pleased at the cleanliness of the place.
Could have done with a plug socket beside the bed but I assume things like that will be done during a refurb.
Would stay again if I was ever in that part of the country again.

Date of stay: July 2021