“A lunch visit with friends”
Review of Beefeater Farnham

Beefeater Farnham
Ranked #57 of 136 Restaurants in Farnham
Reviewed 4 April 2018

AS usual quicky seated and order taken, very pleasent staff with time to talk and discuss the menue, food choice very good .. Plenty of room at the table, in pleasent surroundings.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was there for family dinner early evening (5.30ish) 5 adults 4 kids. Front of house serving staff were fantastic - really friendly, professional and working really hard. However kitchen staff could do better. Most of food was ok - fairly standard nothing amazing nothing wrong, however one child meal came out and was served barely defrosted. Was quickly dealt with and rectified but kitchen staff should take things more seriously.
In general felt for a family night out I would give it another go as is laid out well and doesn’t feel too overcrowded and the serving staff make you want to give it another go

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

When this place very first opened the food was lovely we went quite a few times and then had a bad experience with a meal and didn’t go back for a while. Over the last 3 months we have been a few times hoping for a decent meal and it’s not good, most of the time they don’t have the food advertised, service is slow and food not hot. but today, today was shocking. They didn’t have any chicken for my partners meal so he chose another, I chose the 8oz fillet steak stack, Waited an hour for our food to arrive, the waiter had come over In between to tell me that they couldn’t find any marrow and potato rosti so would chips be ok, I said yes as I didn’t want to wait to much longer. Our food finally arrived, my partners triple cooked chips were not even cooked once, they were hard inside and not hot, my dinner looked awful and I wish I had taken a picture! My tender stem broccoli was fit for the bin it was like rubber and inedible, chips again were almost raw and cold! The beef dripping which came in a pot was really disgusting, nothing like what you get at miller and carter which is lovely. I ate my steak which was ok but this is the very last time we will go there which is a shame as it’s right on our doorstep.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Seated quickly and order taken. Meals arrived within 15 mins, but.................. I had asked for medium to well done steak, but it was served nearly raw and dripping in blood. I sent it back and the waiter accepted that no way was it how I had ordered. 5 mins later my plate was back with just as raw a steak but now with burnt edges. The manager was called by the waiter and he had to admit that the steak was extremely rare. He offered a 40% discount for both ordered meals which we felt was unacceptable, so payment was waived. My partner chose fish which whilst tasty was so overcooked as to be unpleasant. The manager admitted that it was not as it should be and offered to replace it, my partner declined and we prepared to leave after asking for the bill. As we rose from the table another fish dish was delivered..... what a waste. The manager was most apologetic and removed both meals from our bill. It was all a great disappointment but we have since been sent a discount voucher so we may give this establishment one more try, so fingers crossed!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Staying at the Premier Inn next door , we visited on Friday evening and went to the bar, the tables had not been cleared from previous customers .Cask Ales pumps were clearly visable but Cask Ale was not available so we were unable to have our first choice drinks.
We visited again for breakfast and the experience was poor .
The continental section had run out of glasses for juices / Mugs for hot drinks and plates for toast etc . As there were very few staff available, customers found a trolley near the bar area which was stacked with crockery .
We had to wait 40 mins for our ordered cooked breakfast and when our food did arrive the black pudding was cold and not cooked