“Top Class and Great value”
Review of The Chateau

The Chateau
Ranked #19 of 532 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Saturday lunch in a group, great service, an interesting menu at a very reasonable price, same goes for the wine list, delicious food, pleasant quiet ambience, unpretentious but ambitious but in a lovely setting.....great overall!

1  Thank arnorab

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Went to The Chateau for Sunday lunch and it was not a great experience.

On the plus side, the food was tasty and well presented. Sadly that is not enough....

The place is shabby. Lot’s of dark carpet and wood. And a broken light fitting above the table.

The waiting staff were not wearing uniform and didn’t look professional. They did not act professionally either. They were unable to track who ordered what and had to ask at each course. The plates were put down on the table very haphazardly (think rectangular plates at various angles). They couldn’t clear properly either and at one stage empty plates were stacked in front of one of the party as they were consolidated and left overs scraped onto one plate.

The cutlery and glassware on the table did not match.

The meal itself was ok, but spoiled by the unprofessional service.

2  Thank Neil O
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

i simply had to go back and let my family try the fantastic food and service in this establishment. visited with my staff for our christmass meal and was so impressed that brought the whole family with me. food is full of flavours and so beautifully presented but what makes the experience is the service. the proprieter remembered me from my last visit and made my family feel as if we had booked the whole restaurant to our selves. have to say also that if you need any help with the wine selection he is the person to ask.
we enjoyed the evening so much we have already booked for my birthday in May.
once again i like to thank Farid and his excelent team.

3  Thank Abdolreza M
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I e-mailed the restaurant inquiring about their function room for my 21st birthday. They simply replied with ‘we do not do dry hire’, with no formality at all. I didn’t even mention anything about dry hire in my first e-mail. Reading the reviews most birthdays are for the age of 50, but I am shocked to have received such unprofessionalism due to my age. I feel discriminated against, when I sent them an e-mail explaining I didn’t ask for dry hire and want to know their different types of hire. I simply got no reply, disgusting treatment by a respectable restaurant. Will NEVER be attending.

2  Thank courtney s
Venturi69, Owner at The Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

There’s no need to reply back to you as we explained to you already we do not hire out our function rooms solely to use without supplying food and hoping to make a revenue by attendees buying drinks.
We are not in that sector of the market.
Best wishes

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We held a dinner after a social event at the Chateau in early February. The food and service was excellent, and Farid and his staff were very patient and accommodating, as some of our group needed to make some last minute changes to their menu choices. I cannot say a bad word about The Chateau, the set menu is great value for money, and the portions are large. Staff are friendly and efficient. We will definitely be going back there.