“Great Valantines Menu”

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We visited and had the Valatines Special Menu

We Opted for the Garlic King Prawn starter & the salmon & prawns
with avacado starter

For the main course we opted for the beef medalions with wild
mushrooms in a red wine sauce / jus

The deserts we chose were the pana cotta & the sticky toffee pudding

The food was excellent & definately worth the set menu price especially
when served a complnetary glass of presecco

The service was slightly below what I would have expected as was he
fact that the small dining room was a little chilly . The side dining room
would be so much better if the fireplace was in action

Overall great food & definately worth a visit

1  Thank Robin H

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We popped by this restaurant as it was close to where we were going. Looked good from the outside and the food and service was great. Decent meals, good portions at a reasonable price for the type of restaurant. Staff were attentive and able to assist with menu choices for the children. We will visit again when next in the area.

3  Thank Alan911e
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I used to visit this restaurant years ago and it has still retained it's charm, good food and good service. We were a group of approximately 70 and we were well looked after. Thank you

2  Thank Debbie_LewSS
Reviewed 2 February 2018

A beautiful old building. I went here for my partners Christmas Work's do, the food was lovely and well presented, the staff were friendly and very helpful, I would recommend in giving this little gem ago.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

On Sunday we came to lunch as a couple. In a large dining room we had a choice of gables for two, and chose one in a window. Few tables were in occupation (two by parties) and we were in no hurry so that the staff's slowness in providing menus was but a minor irritation. Thereafter everything was perfect. There was an excellent selection from the a la carte - my venison was as good as I have ever enjoyed. The whole experience was superb.

Today I returned with an old friend. We were the only customers, which I thought was a shame. Nevertheless we could indulge ourselves in conversation without the need to shout in a cosy corner, and the food every bit as delicious in every way as on Sunday...

... above all, the cost was more than reasonable. Altogether excellent value.

1  Thank peterK9748YY