“Group lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I used to visit this restaurant years ago and it has still retained it's charm, good food and good service. We were a group of approximately 70 and we were well looked after. Thank you

2  Thank Debbie_LewSS

Reviewed 2 February 2018

A beautiful old building. I went here for my partners Christmas Work's do, the food was lovely and well presented, the staff were friendly and very helpful, I would recommend in giving this little gem ago.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

On Sunday we came to lunch as a couple. In a large dining room we had a choice of gables for two, and chose one in a window. Few tables were in occupation (two by parties) and we were in no hurry so that the staff's slowness in providing menus was but a minor irritation. Thereafter everything was perfect. There was an excellent selection from the a la carte - my venison was as good as I have ever enjoyed. The whole experience was superb.

Today I returned with an old friend. We were the only customers, which I thought was a shame. Nevertheless we could indulge ourselves in conversation without the need to shout in a cosy corner, and the food every bit as delicious in every way as on Sunday...

... above all, the cost was more than reasonable. Altogether excellent value.

1  Thank peterK9748YY
Reviewed 7 January 2018

we didn't know what to expect from this restaurant after reading some of the reviews here. We all paid around £60 per head for 3 course meal and dance. The staff were absolutely brilliant and very patient considering how noisy we were. The food portions and quality were top class even though most of us had forgotten what we had ordered, still the staff took things on the funny side, we were given extra plates of starters and deserts that were mixed up (all our fault as some of us had decided to change the orders). There was a bar upstairs as well as toilets so we didn't need to go down unless for a smoke. We had a great time at The Chateau and will book again, Thank you for a pleasant surprise after reading all the nasty moans about food portions or bent tea spoon.

2  Thank Marki92
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Terrible service and disorganise. Went here just before Christmas for my work Christmas meal and the experience is really forgettable. The place was really busy (as expected due to Christmas season) but the way the service was run was sooo poor and not well planned. We were not greeted when we came and when the food was serve, they keep mixing it up with the other table! One or two of our pre-ordered dishes end up next table and what surprises us the most is we got blamed for it! Apparently the waiter has been asking who's order it is and when no one answers he decided to leave it to the next table. DAH! Since its a pre-ordered meal, they should know what food / menu this table ordered and if no one ask, leave it to that table, and not to the other table!

It is also my first time to experience or be given only HALF of a Christmas pudding!

1  Thank Rocky X