“Great for lunch - really good vegan menu now with many options”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #30 of 525 Restaurants in Croydon
Price range: US$14 - US$41
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I like Wagas very much and they have a new vegan menu that's very much appreciated and has loads of options. I go here for lunch sometimes as a treat and its always been relaxed and the staff are nice and the food is always delicious.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

the aesthetics of the interior are nice...the atmosphere futuristic but the general experience quite impersonal. For such average cuisine I felt it came overpriced and was not sure why I was served about ten minutes before my friend when we ordered exactly the same thing....so average and if I run out of options may go back there again

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I ordered fried dumplings for first plate and they tasted like someone just took them out from the freezer and microwaved them for a couple of minutes. It was dry from the outside and the meet was raw from the inside. I asked them to change it for steamed dumplings and they did, but they fried those dumplings too , which was most obvious from the burnt dough on their side. The meet inside these dumplings was some cheap pate, raw again. The second plate was average, not fresh, something I could have got for £3 in an all you can eat place. I paid £35 at the end, felt bad for every pound that went to support this restaurant chain.Never going to Wagamama again, and neither should you! If you want a good meal eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Positives:
- Easy to order online, including choice of time slot and full menu with pictures
- Food ready upon arrival
- Lovely meal of chicken katsu curry
- Laid out in separate containers with eating implements

Negatives:
- None!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I like Wagamamas and visit it quite often, more London branches rather than Croydon. I met up for a girly catch up on a Thursday night. I walked in thinking ooh it's really busy in here but they had put everyone by the window all squashed in to make it look busy. Anyway every time I go I try to try something new or different than the time before. I went for the lollipop prawns which were nice, fresh and would eat again...word of advise do not squeeze the caramelized lime on top as it was not nice. I chose the new healthy tuna dish which I was kindly advised that it would be served medium, perfect just how I like it. It came and this meal literally would have been delicious if the tuna hadn't been well done. It was chewy I'm afraid. Wagas have finally updated there desserts, no wasabi on anything! I had the lemon tart which was really nice but I wanted the chocolate layer cake which they had run out of the day before (Valentine's day). One of my friends is an almighty picky veggie who had the pad Thai and picked all the vegetables out! She enjoyed it but Wagamama confuses her that food all comes out as soon as it is ready and not in a starters then main order. For a day where is wasn't packed at all a little more attention could be made as we all had something not right with our food, especially as a lot of food is premade before it reaches the restaurant. Service, the lady who took our order was really helpful, friendly and smiley. The lady who gave us our food was grumpy, shouty and quick to dump a plate in front of someone it wasn't for!