“Birthday meal”
Review of The Big Eat

The Big Eat
Ranked #54 of 514 Restaurants in Croydon
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had my birthday meal here. The service and food was excellent! Felt really welcomed and had an amazing time. I couldn't have one of the cocktails and the staff changed the ingredients to suit me and was very helpful. Made my birthday special. Would 100% recommend.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited Big Eat for lunch on a Saturday. As soon as we entered, we were not greeted by any staff. We had to wait by the door for around 4 minutes to be seated; despite the restaurant only having 4 tables with customers. The staff were behind the bar not doing much.

The decor of the restaurant is amazing. It gives a real sense of being in America.

We ordered 4 milkshakes. It took around 13 minutes for these 4 drinks to be delivered to us. Their staff were so slow, they weren't even busy. They had two front of house staff working with 5 tables of customers. Service should have been a lot quicker.

At this stage we had now been at the restaurant for around 25minutes for lunch, and only received our drinks. They still hadn't taken our food order....

We eventually ordered off the lunch menu. The food took 40 minutes to arrive. And it came in dribs and drabs. What makes it worse was the food wasn't even very tasty, I ordered the Burrito and it tasted like card board. There were four of us in total, we ordered 6 lunch mains. 2 mains came out initially, 3 minutes later another two lunch items came out. We were still waiting for our two burgers we ordered, we had to ask the waiting staff to see where it was. They forgot to put the order through. We then complained to the manager as this lunch trip should have only been an hour max, instead it was taking almost 90 minutes and we still hadn't had all of our food. We decided to cancel the last two burgers as we were so disappointed with the restaurant and the rude manager. She insisted we took the two burgers as a take away, as if it were our fault we didn't receive them?

All in all she didn't give us a discount for the terrible service and the delay in food.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this restaurant to friends or family.

There are so many better restaurants in Croydon, if you fancy good burgers I recommend you walk up to Five Guys!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

great food ✅
healthy options ✅
great music ✅
clean ✅
great service ✅
child friendly ✅
great prices ✅

We turned up with a very grumpy, very loud 2 year old, the staff seated us quickly and we're unfazed by my son's tantrums. they even came over and brought him treats and fancy straws to distract him.
Once settled and he noticed all the decorations on the walls and the fact they had a children's channel playing on a tv, everything was fine.
The service was amazing, with a smile, and the food came quickly and tasted great.
When the bill came at the end of the meal we were surprised at how reasonable it all was, we will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

4 of us visited this restaurant for a Saturday night out and were pleasantly surprised with everything. It had a great atmosphere the staff were lovely and food fantastic! We all had different meals- surf & turf, big dog, burger & shrimps all were great. Will definitely be going again. The only thing I would say is I really wanted a milkshake but have to have soya milk and they don’t have that!

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for 4 adults, a child and a baby. They made room for our buggy without a fuss and were fantastic with our 7 year old. The service was so friendly throughout the meal all of the staff had smiles on their faces and genuinely seemed happy to be there.

There's a fantastic range of food on the menu, definitely something for vegetarians not sure about vegans but the menu is online so you can look ahead. We ordered mozzerrella sticks and BBQ chicken wings for starters. The mozzarella sticks were lovely and crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle, can't really ask for much more from a mozzarella stick. The BBQ wings were some of the best I've tasted, that glaze is amazing! It made me wish I'd ordered the ribs so I could have more of It!

I ordered the steak and half lobster, as it was my birthday, lobster was beautifully cooked and tasted very fresh and steak was cooked perfectly for what I ordered. There was a slight mix up with the 7 year olds food but I couldn't fault them for how they handled it. Very swift and very apologetic (she got even more fries to make up for it).

This place is perfect for a celebration as they make a big deal out birthdays with a free dessert and all the staff come out and sing happy birthday. It's alot of fun!

1  Thank Fudgeitgirl