“Lovely home cooked food”
Review of The Half Moon

The Half Moon
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Charlwood
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A proper country village pub, serving real ales, lagers, ciders, a good choice of wines and just as important, good pub grub!
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We visited by chance because we were staying in a hotel down the road where the food didn’t look very good. We were very pleased to find this place. Lovely home cooked food and nice drinks selection too. I had the broccoli and spinach soup for starter and then the Wexford chicken for main. My husband had the fish and chips. Everything was lovely and home made.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

very attentive service, and the food is always tasty, also nice to have a menu that changes every so often

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

On our last night in Charlwood we opted to walk from our guesthouse to Half Moon. Very enjoyable and hospitable. I had beef lasagna which was more than I could eat and he had liver which he asked to be prepared with onions rather than bacon “and hold the potatoes.” It was delicious he said. Very casual and almost all locals.

2  Thank Marytmanley
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We, comprising a typical family of four with two kids,ended up in the Half Moon on a Friday evening a couple of weeks ago at the recommendation of the owners of Trumbles Guest House in the village, where we staying the night prior to flying from Gatwick the following morning.
As we had just had a nightmare eight hour drive up from Cornwall we were very relieved to find ourselves in this great pup.
We had a great meal and a couple of drinks and I can't remember what the bill came to but I remember thinking how reasonable it was.
The landlord, Dave I think his name was, was very hospitable and keen to chat with customers during the evening to make sure everything is as expected. He also has a great sense of humour and almost had me clearing tables for him with much hilarity!
If we're in the area again then we definitely wouldn't hesitate to go back.
I wish I had a pub like this in my village in Cornwall!
Andy

2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We had Sunday lunch here yesterday. It was great, the food was perfectly cooked and the service was friendly and unobtrusive. I had the Lamb Rump and my OH had the Cajun Salmon. Would have loved to have tried dessert but had no room left. We sat in the garden to eat and enjoyed the sunshine. They serve a nice selection of Gin with Elderflower tonic and the house wine was also good. If I have a suggestion to make it would be to have some more choice on the Alco free beers for the designated drivers. We would definitely return and recommend.

2  Thank Mary1967