“Awesome food!”
Review of Smoke & Rye

Smoke & Rye
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Stone
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Description: At Smoke & Rye we are devoted to craft food & drink, bringing the unique taste of America to the UK. Let us lead you into the land of succulent smoked meats, tangy sauces, rockin' rubs and smokin' liquors. ​
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Such friendly staff and wonderful food. Atmosphere is so cool and chilled. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went for a Mother's Day / Birthday meal combined and we were left truly delighted. Firstly the team that were working were a delight from start to finish and were great with the children. The food was top notch with the chicken waffles and nachos being our favourites. Can't wait for our next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely restuarant. We ordered the hot chicken wings but I was a little disappointed as I could have done with a bit more heat, American style! The staff were just lovely and friendly. The hot sauce condiment is just fab! I had a chicken burger main followed by chocolate brownie dessert both of which were great! Good portion sizes although they could do with putting the food on larger plates. Would recommend.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Family lunch, ribs, pulled pork sandwich and pulled pork chips all outstanding, a great value lunch and friendly atmosphere

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Friends G and A suggested a couple of places in Stone for our recent visit to them and M and I picked Smoke and Rye as we wanted food and cocktails. They had visited several times before and enjoyed what they'd had.

There is not a huge veggie selection on the menu but G assured me both the mac n cheese and aubergine burger were really nice so that was fine. I ordered the mac n cheese which came with bread and a reasonably sized side salad. I enjoyed it but am not sure it was worth £12.95.

There was some confusion when I asked what one of the ingredients in a cocktail was (it was a brand name I didn't recognise, so I didn't know whether it was rum/vodka/whisky). The third member of staff who was asked knew it was a rum, and once we'd established that, I ordered it and all was well.

The young staff were enthusiastic and service was fairly quick. The atmosphere was a bit flat for a Saturday night though. There was a big group and I assume that's why we couldn't book a table till quite late, but once they had left it was a bit too quiet.

Overall I think they are doing what they are doing well, and perhaps this is not the best cuisine for me, so while we had a fun evening I don't think I would go back. But if you like ribs, burgers, steaks and American beers, you should probably try it.