“Ok expected better”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Been intending to try Murray’s for a while. Staff were ok but food average, my wife had Lobster and Crab salad starter which contained a small piece of lobster the crab was just brown sauce no white crab overall small for £10.50, she had pigs cheeks for main which she enjoyed but pricey at £20.I had a pizza for main course which was quite dry may have been kept warm as when you picked up a slice it stayed straight and was £16. I do not think the meal was bad just not the best and my review is trying to give an accurate balanced opinion.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (238)

Reviewed 15 September 2021

Murray's provided the catering for my daughter's wedding - amazing food, vegetarian lasagne was wonderful, canapés gorgeous. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank 391annh
Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

Went to Murray’s for a first get together with my daughter after over a year - and what a disappointment. Bland food and very overpriced. Beetroot tart starter was nice but after that completely downhill until the coffee. Chose primavera special pizza - the base was chewy, didn’t skimp on the cheese - but the plate was swimming in grease, asparagus barely noticeable - perhaps it was just hidden by the large spoonfuls of pesto. If it wasn’t for the extremely salty olives you would say it was tasteless. - We barely ate half of it and if we hadn’t paid 3x the price of a supermarket pizza which we would enjoy we wouldn’t of even ate what we did. The rotolo ricotta filled pasta looked nice but was bland, no taste, uninspiring and a struggle to get through - just like eating a tub of ricotta. We dared not try the dessert menu - only so much disappointment you can take in one afternoon - went to the bakers down the road and picked up a delicious cake to sit on a bench and eat in the sunshine. Sorry Murray’s but won’t be visiting you again and based on that experience won’t recommend

Date of visit: May 2021
3  Thank mummabearSue
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Ordered a takeway, at a cost of £25. unknown to me unbelievably the 2 meals were placed in a carrier side by side then picked up & handed to me in the upright position by a senior member of staff, got home took photo of the mess inside the carrier,upset by this we had to other arrangements for dinner, sent an email with photo a day or 2 so later to Murrays got an unapologetic reply with a... what do you expect us to do about it attitude?,.Very disappointing experience from a restaurant that should have handled this so much better...

Date of visit: April 2021
3  Thank D8976UVgeorged
Reviewed 21 April 2021

Murrays have created a superb outdoor eating area that is Covid secure. The pizza I shared with my wife was even better than I had remembered them being and the light-bites that we also shared were delicious. I especially recommend the deep fried, breaded artichokes. The service was friendly and professional and there was a very pleasant 'buzz' to the place.

Date of visit: April 2021