All reviews fresh milk attention to detail nespresso machine course menu continental breakfast his partner warm welcome evening meal was excellent this lovely hotel attached restaurant porridge following morning comfortable room night's sleep stayed here for one night lamb excellent food
Reviewed 23 August 2018

My partner and I spent Tuesday night at Sebastians. We were welcomed by Mark the owner who was an absolute pleasure to chat with. Unfortunately their restaurant was not open - we will just have to return to experience that! I think it is open Wed-Sun but please check. Our room was delightful - up in the eaves of this ancient home. Everything we needed was provided. Room was clean and bed was very comfy. Although it is in the town, it was not noisy at all. The hotel has a car park behind. We had breakfast before leaving and were served by Michelle - Mark's wife. Breakfast was perfect. Attention to detail is a number 1 priority for them. My partner loved his porridge with drambuie and cream, followed by scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. I was less hungry so had the continental breakfast. There was a range of fresh pastries, toast, cereal and fruit. Can't wait to visit again and enjoy the restaurant!

Room tip: Check access to room if you have bad knees as there are steep steps to some rooms!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely small hotel which has much old World charm and atmosphere in a very well done conversion. Large comfy rooms with good ensuite. Well appointed and quite. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Great food in the restaurant

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Excellent, friendly, efficient service. My room was very comfortable and my hosts couldn’t have been more helpful and friendly. My cooked breakfast was made fresh for me and was of high quality. I would definitely try to stay there again if in the area.

Room tip: I had one of the rooms leading from the courtyard, which was ideal.
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Having had a good freind wax lyrical about this place for many years and never having managed to go, my expectations were very high indeed and last week I finally managed to dine and stay at Sebastian’s..
I’m not a regular online reviewer, although I have dined at many fantastic restaurants around the world, so I can honestly say that the food, care, kindness and genuine desire to please and deliver a fantastic overall experience were exemplary.
Not big, not brash, not formulaic, just really, really great food from a multi-generational, hands-on, family run restaurant with lovely rooms.
The menu will no doubt change by the time you go, but it was broad enough to satisfy the three of us and all exquisite, with a perfect balance of flavours, textures and presentation.
I have a sweet tooth, so often judge a meal by its finishing touches and the pudding involving a ‘chocolate brownie’ was genuinely the best I’ve ever tasted (and as my waistline and wife will attest, I’ve probably had a few too many!)
Personal service and almost perfect in every way, particularly for being hidden in an unassuming street in Oswestry. Do not judge this restaurant by its unglamorous location and make the trip - the food and attention to detail will be worth it!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank esparkes
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Sebastians hotel is a haven of delight both in its accommodation , it’s customer orientation and culinary experience . We arrived to be greeted by Mark the owner & chef, and his partner Michelle both who manage this beautiful small hotel .We were attending a concert in Llangollen ( van Morrison ) but on our return to Sebastian’s just after 10pm on request for a bottle of wine and a selection of cheese, a lovely platter was presented with a white Rioja , a perfect end to a delightful evening . Our breakfast was memorable not just for the coffee and porridge with Drambuie and cream but for the breakfast menu on offer . I have no doubt we shall return and if you like being made to feel special at a very reasonable price this is the place for you , go and enjoy

Date of stay: July 2018