“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We have just been here for sunday lunch. The pub is a very traditional pub that does meals during the week and Sunday carvery. What can I say about the food fabulous the carvery was excellent I do recommend to book as it was busy but I am sure if you just turned up they would fit you in, we booked for 1:30pm they stopped cooking at 1:45/2pm there was plenty of choice lamb beef and turkey with plenty of different veg. gravy and side sauces to choice from. I was full as a frog I didn't have a sweet as was full but my husband and mum did they said it was fab, would defiantly recommend the black horse it was fab and will be returning in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

My husband, my auntie and I have just been for Christmas Dinner and it was excellent and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The food was brilliant, the staff were friendly and efficient and the atmosphere friendly and welcoming. Thank you Clive and Jeanette, see you both in the new year for plenty of Sunday lunches (also excellent)!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Having recently moved into the area we thought we would take a look at our local. We were certainly not disappointed, a lovely cosy, welcoming and friendly place with very helpful staff. We have tried the Curry Night and a Saturday Night there now and the food has been delicious both times, we have even booked for Christmas Day Lunch. So pleased such a delightful Inn is on our doorstep.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I have had the carvery here as well as attending buffets here. The food is of a brilliant quality and very good value

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Sunday carvery excellent, plenty of veg and tender meats super tasty gravy. Warm and welcoming staff. Well organised - see you all again in 2 weeks. Have and will recommend. Must try and visit you in the week sometime.