“Really Good Warming Food”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in Oswestry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Free house with great homemade world cuisine and local cask beers. Specialists in providing allergen free food.
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Stopped for dinner after a long day visiting relatives. Had the lamb shank, wonderful. Good beer rounded it off well.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was in Oswestry on a Monday night for work and visited the Queens Head with a colleague. I ordered the onion rings as a starter and bacon chop on a bubble and squeak base from the specials board. The food was amazing, perfectly cooked and full of flavour. My only regret is that I didn't have room for chips as an additional side as they looked amazing when being served to the tables around us.
The 3 real ale pumps had really good options and was perfectly kept and served. The staff were friendly as well. I hope to visit Oswestry again so I can come back

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my best friend stopped off here on our way back from shopping, as we were recommended The Queens Head due to my friends dietary needs.
The menu was really extensive and averagely priced.
The Fish & Chips that I had was a large portion and I couldn’t fault it.
The Pizza that my friend had was again without fault!
We will definitely be returning for Lunch & Dinner.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Family of 10 of us visiting, ages 3 to 68. Lovely friendly pub, very welcoming and busy so that’s a good sign. We had an excellent Sunday lunch and various kids meals. Plentiful portions of meat with lots of nice vegetables. Great puddings, the ice cream exceptionally good. Excellent friendly service, would definitely recommend and will visit again if in the area.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

It's been a number of years since our last visit and things have changed for the better.
We noticed the car park was always near full which is always a good indication, also had positive feedback from friends who had recently returned to eat.
We went with friends as it is near to where we live and they said our treat
We all thought the prices were very good and good variety with all aspects of the menu.
The chicken with blue cheese and bacon was enthusiastically welcomed by the three that had it and I enjoyed the paella which was hearty to say the least.
Puddings were also great.
Will we be back ? Definitely.
Staff also deserve a mention.